6 | Nathan Ake - 2024/25

Perhaps, but his running and energy are desperately needed in midfield. If he’s withdrawn from there to cover left-back, then the extra miles have to go into the legs of our senior midfielders.
Not really, as Rico proved last night that he can still play the defender in midfield rôle as well from left-back as he can from the other side.

Why the Fook are these players risking so much for pointless games. He’s been injured since start of the season why risk your place in city team is beyond me. Same for stones for me. Glad foden fooked off these games
It might come as a surprise to you, but people take great pride in representing their country.

It proves to them that they are the best (or one of the best) available.

Gutted he's got injured but at least we have cover in defensive areas. Rico proved last night he can do a job at left back and we've also got Gvardiol who can play there. I'd imagine Akanji could do a job if we were really desperate as well.

Gutted he's got injured but at least we have cover in defensive areas. Rico proved last night he can do a job at left back and we've also got Gvardiol who can play there. I'd imagine Akanji could do a job if we were really desperate as well.
Manu has played there for us before.

Yeah thankfully its the one area of the pitch we have a lot of top class cover.

Guardiola has played him there three times before, so you are right that it is an option.
It only means a shift across from right to left, rather than the other way around.

If Walker is at right-back, he will stay back more, instead of marauding forward, and cover across towards the right centre-back position.

It’s easily achievable.

Not really, as Rico proved last night that he can still play the defender in midfield rôle as well from left-back as he can from the other side.
Rico would have fitted perfectly into that Dutch side of the early 70's. The one that was screwed in the WC final. His instinct takes him all over the show and he has the engine to get back where he's needed when there's a threat. Trouble is England managers have always preferred to stuff a team with red shirts.

Rico would have fitted perfectly into that Dutch side of the early 70's. The one that was screwed in the WC final. His instinct takes him all over the show and he has the engine to get back where he's needed when there's a threat. Trouble is England managers have always preferred to stuff a team with red shirts.
Fortunately, for Rico, there are very few red shirts as good as he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.