6 | Nathan Ake - 2024/25

So frustrating him picking up this injury on international duty. No time for it. Should have made himself unavailable like Phil if he was carrying something. Congratulations, you are now 5th choice centre back.

how do you know he was injured, i think he was training since he came back?
He had played a grand total of three minutes for us this season, before Koeman started him against Bosnia (66 mins) and then Germany (44 mins) three days later. Koeman was surely aware of how little he had played and could easily have started Timber in either game. Poor player management.

He had played a grand total of three minutes for us this season, before Koeman started him against Bosnia (66 mins) and then Germany (44 mins) three days later. Koeman was surely aware of how little he had played and could easily have started Timber in either game. Poor player management.
yes i know that…

i think pep said something about how players love playing for their countries but they should only do it if fit and not injured. it’s not an exact quote but it was something like that and he said it recently. not match fit is not the same as injured and ake was training all the time, that’s why i asked about his alleged injury.

so he had a knock and still played?

WTF are players and their international management doing? Straight away he shouldn't of been playing

Will the club get compensation for losing Ake to injury?

*EDIT* seen we will do but 28 days after
If he played in their first game (and he did, against the Bosnians), he shouldn't have played last night. No player, from any club, should have to play two games in 4 days, particularly in a meaningless competition. Play them in one, rotate for the other one.

We’ve seen plenty of cases of player mismanagement by the national team, but I don’t think this the worse example of it. We know every player that leaves for international duty will play two games (unless they’re maybe English which has a deeper squad). I like Ake and am sick about his injury but a player who is almost 30 with a history of injuries has to be realistic about his situation. He’s not the only one - lots of them do this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.