60 years ago tonight was my first ever City game 1962.

Yikes …. I was twice your age then - and went to both those Leicester games …. happy days … but the last ten years - wow
Well we are both lucky enough to have seen the Mercer/Allison/ Book years and also still be around to witness the last 10/11 years.
If we were in an episode of Sharpe we would definitely be "Chosen Men"!!

I'm just a few years behind you Gorton.
March 1966,aged 9 years.
FA Cup game Vs Leicester City,stood on the old Scoreboard End with my Dad and Uncle Derek.
I think it was a 2-2 draw, but City went on to win the replay at Filbert Street.
That was the season when we were promoted as Division Two champions.
So I guess that I am basically just an old glory hunter !!!
same , 65/66 division 2. Southampton at home . hooked .

Well we are both lucky enough to have seen the Mercer/Allison/ Book years and also still be around to witness the last 10/11 years.
If we were in an episode of Sharpe we would definitely be "Chosen Men"!!

My first game, that I went on my own, was August 1962 almost 60 years ago

It was mid-week against a newly promoted team in red from along the East Lancs Road and it was a 2-2 draw. Back then we called them Liverpool - little did we know.

Come on City

Last edited:
George Poyser was the manager 64/65 Preston and Northampton battered by both, the good old days and hooked forever.

Jan 1965 , Swindon Town at home a 1-2 defeat , was only 7 years old so dont remember much at all , but my favourite player from our 2nd division team from 64-66 was Johnny Crossan , we had a decent 15 years of varied success and good league finishers , makes you laugh when c*nts like Dippers query our history, we were always one of top six clubs and had attendances that shamed the likes of the Geordies.

Jan 1965 , Swindon Town at home a 1-2 defeat , was only 7 years old so dont remember much at all , but my favourite player from our 2nd division team from 64-66 was Johnny Crossan , we had a decent 15 years of varied success and good league finishers , makes you laugh when c*nts like Dippers query our history, we were always one of top six clubs and had attendances that shamed the likes of the Geordies.
It's amazing to think that there were so many of us on here at that match, particularly as the attendance was a, ahem, "massive" crowd of 8015!
Dedicated, or what? (rhetorical question)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.