60 years ago tonight was my first ever City game 1962.

My first big game I went to was D.S.v Young Boys of Beirne in approx '58 at the swamp .My mate was a D.Sider ,and the only family on our estate with a car.They thought it was a treat,but even then I wanted Beirne to win. Can't remember my first game at Maine Rd not long after,but instantly felt at home watching Bert, Cliff Sear ,Barry Betts ,and George Hannah to name but a few.

It's amazing to think that there were so many of us on here at that match, particularly as the attendance was a, ahem, "massive" crowd of 8015!
Dedicated, or what? (rhetorical question)
About the only thing i can remember was the Bovril /Oxo was lovely and my rattle was really heavy and was chuffed to bits because it was the first family outing in his brand new Vauxhall Viva company car and it had a radio !!!! But i relied on my late dad's memory he remembered vividly my first game , he kept the match programme but i am buggered if i could find it when we went through his belongings , i was gutted i couldnt put my hands on it.

About the only thing i can remember was the Bovril /Oxo was lovely and my rattle was really heavy and was chuffed to bits because it was the first family outing in his brand new Vauxhall Viva company car and it had a radio !!!! But i relied on my late dad's memory he remembered vividly my first game , he kept the match programme but i am buggered if i could find it when we went through his belongings , i was gutted i couldnt put my hands on it.
I was only 14 myself, but a seasoned regular by then (had been to around 20-30 home games over the last 4 years.
It's been mentioned before, so no peeking, but who got Swindon's winner?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.