7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We`re going to get taken for mugs by Bayern as there`s no way they`ll cough up £61.5 million for a stop gap that`s covering an injury situation. But atleast he`s temporarily out of the dressing room.
He`ll either end up back at the end of the season or he`ll depart for an undisclosed fee.

Even with stones injured we have two right backs and four centre backs, two can play lb.

This is actually mad. Not that we're letting him go, who knows what he's been like behind the scenes, but i really rate him as a player. But letting him go and then not having anyone lined up and WORSE, thinking we are doing ok without a guy who can create out of nothing (don't forget his cross for Haaland's karate kick against Dortmund) is ludicrous. Ake gets injured/out of form and suddenly we're down to Laporte (who himself has fitness issues every season) and Gomez who's fucking shit.

Or we just play 3 at the back like we have done regularly and we use one of the 6 or 7 options for 3 places.

For those mentioning the robbery and that having an effect on him wanting to move, also worth remembering that he signed a new deal after the robbery and thanked the club for supporting him massively.

Personally, I'm abit gutted he's gone cos he is brilliant on his day. But if they are that desperate to move him on, he must be being a nightmare behind the scenes!!

Things change though,not defending him here at all,but if family been shook by it,everytime they see someone even with a hat on,might scare them,as I say things change,new contract or not.

Anyway I won't miss the one good game 3 bad

Maybe the trust will be in Ake, Gomez & Laporte for the left hand side. I seem to remember Gomez having some good moves...not sure which game. Its a tricky one but City don't keep players who want out. They get rid very quickly. As for City signing Alphonso from Bayern well why would Bayern do City any favour if he is allegedly better than Cancelo? This won't have anything to do with Benjamin Menday being found not guilty will it? Surely he wouldn't be ready till next season anyway...mentally or physically.

What an absolute shit show! Cancelo had been poor since January 22 and they gave him a new long term-contract and the number 7 shirt to add.

He was never a good full back to begin with, bar a few flicks and tricks he was always a liability, im still fuming he played Benzema onside for that goal at the Bernerbeu, a lack of concentration that epitomises his time at City, one of the most brain-dead, lackadaisical defenders ive seen. Shame this deal is not permanent.

It leaves us short in defence but it could serve as a warning to the other underperforming players in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.