7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was very good defensively today
He really was. Like virtually all the players we sign he is getting better and better. I have always thought he was better at right back but he was superb today on the left. I am not yet convinced by John Stones at right back but with the quality of coaching at City you never know how good he can become in that position.

One of my favourite players up there with de bruyne on vision and outrageous passes,the one to Haaland against Dortmund was pass of the season for me ..

Haaland is understandably receiving the plaudits but for me Cancelo has been the most consistent player for us this season. Perhaps when we have 3 centre backs behind him and Rodrigo, he’s just got more licence to go forward, but whatever, his touch, passing, and general fitness levels are at their peak. Tip-top dentistry, too.

No doubting that, but can be wildly inconsistent and still has a weird attitude at times.
He got fouled in the second half and rolled over and over god knows how many times.
Brilliant player but I don't like players from other teams exaggerating fouls or over reacting when they get an accidental tap in the face.
I like if even less when one of our own do it.

He got fouled in the second half and rolled over and over god knows how many times.
Brilliant player but I don't like players from other teams exaggerating fouls or over reacting when they get an accidental tap in the face.
I like if even less when one of our own do it.
Totally agree, something I hate in players.

He clearly is a hard and brave guy off the pitch with his upbringing and the recent robbery incident at his home, so why he has to roll around on the floor as if he's been shot is beyond me, puts me off, which is sad, because he is a magnificent footballer.

He really was. Like virtually all the players we sign he is getting better and better. I have always thought he was better at right back but he was superb today on the left. I am not yet convinced by John Stones at right back but with the quality of coaching at City you never know how good he can become in that position.
Let's be honest Bolders is there out of necessity, but it is a position he can play with reasonable comfort as he's good on the ball.
Once KW returns it's back to fighting for a CB berth

Haaland is understandably receiving the plaudits but for me Cancelo has been the most consistent player for us this season. Perhaps when we have 3 centre backs behind him and Rodrigo, he’s just got more licence to go forward, but whatever, his touch, passing, and general fitness levels are at their peak. Tip-top dentistry, too.
Cancelo has been phenomenal during the last 3 seasons..

19 / 20 -> shite.. won't even argue..

20 / 21 -> one of our KEY players..
21 / 22 -> again, played more minutes than Ederson and all the other players... :D
22 / 23 -> the journey continues <3

No doubting that, but can be wildly inconsistent and still has a weird attitude at times.
I don’t use the term likely but the quintessential flat track bully, he will dominate 90% of the league with his qualities but he’s obsolete against teams who are able to peg him back, hence Walker is a must in such games; the problem is he’s now the established go to guy for left back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.