7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelo completed 95 passes vs Dortmund. This is incredible for a full-back in a CL game against a good team.

This season, he continues to be fundamental to our build-up play, he's as fundamental as Rodri (to this phase of the game). But he completes a lot of his passes in the final third, often he completes more passes in the final third than any of the midfielders and the attackers!

Cancelo's been a key cog in Pep's machine for a wile. A big reason why we lost the CL final was that Cancelo and Rodri lost form in the final 1-2 months of the 20/21 season (due to being overused in the previous months). When both Cancelo and Rodri are poor or absent, the balance between defence and attack is a lot more fragile.

Last edited:
Been saying for well over a year that I’d like to see him further up. He went past three Dortmund players the other night when it looked like he was in a dead end. He’d cause some damage on the left wing.
The thing is that his strength comes from playing in defence. It gives him room to carry the ball from deeper areas and build up momentum that way. If you move him up he'll just get penned in.

KDB and Cancelo are the only City players who are virtually guaranteed to make the current best XI in the world. There's no better LB than Cancelo now, not for an attacking, high-pressing team anyway.

I'd have Bernardo in a world best XI too, and maybe Rodri. Our midfield is out of this world :)

Of course, Haaland would be in contention but Lewandowski is still very strong.

KDB and Cancelo are the only City players who are virtually guaranteed to make the current best XI in the world. There's no better LB than Cancelo now, not for an attacking, high-pressing team anyway.

I'd have Bernardo in a world best XI too, and maybe Rodri. Our midfield is out of this world :)

Of course, Haaland would be in contention but Lewandowski is still very strong.
Yeah Haaland needs a year in our team to get in over Lewa and Benzema. He is going to do it though. For what its worth I think Rodri is pretty much guaranteed aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.