7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe it was coming ? it's been too nice a camp and the boss PEP has gone unchallenged and Cancelo jumped first,
I will say one thing, it's been coming since the world cup and after the Spurs' outburst by pep, heads are going to roll,

Now from here on in it can go both ways, player power or the boss leaves, you cannot mend broken bridges,
I said it before the world cup, pep is in his final stages, even this summer could see him leave, you can feel something is not right at the club, it's not going away or looking any better, and now this with Cancelo being sold without a plan for somebody to come in even a loan or a free player ?

the re-actions in the next couple of weeks will speak volumes and like I said players vs the boss normally ends one way, even the best and biggest managers have to face this at some stage of their career,

The Robinson rumour gaining traction and I love all the social media stat gimps citing he has never scored as a reason not to buy a left back, couldn't give a fuck if a full back never scores or assists as long as he can defend when needed.

Not that I am saying I want him, being honest haven't seen enough to say if he is worth a punt.

As for the mard arse good riddence 4 months form out of 3.5 years, cancelo never returned enough on the investment the club put in

Last edited:
I agree, the here and now does count; which is why losing a player of his experience when we've got a fight on our hands in the second half of the season is lunacy. The reality is, when both are on song, Cancelo is a superior fullback to Ake. Would Cancelo have played his way back into form? We'll never know now. But we've just lost the one player who had legitimate stardust and big game experience in a position where we are laughably weak. To top it off, we've bent over backwards like a bunch of soft arses to accommodate Bayern, a team we'll likely meet in the CL.

Let's not try dressing it up, if we don't bring in a replacement then it's poor from the club.
You make it sound as if it's City's doing, the soft mard arse turned into a disruptive influence and forced the clubs hands. How would he play himself into form when he's deliberately trying to hurt his own team mates in-between spitting out his dummy?

They had no choice this late but to send him out on loan, how did we do Bayern a "favour"? They're paying a €10 million or so loan fee and they have the option of buying him for €70 million in the summer. Now they have to deal with his tantrums. I can almost guarantee that he'll get red carded if we meet in the CL. Can he actually play against us?

maybe it was coming ? it's been too nice a camp and the boss PEP has gone unchallenged and Cancelo jumped first,
I will say one thing, it's been coming since the world cup and after the Spurs' outburst by pep, heads are going to roll,

Now from here on in it can go both ways, player power or the boss leaves, you cannot mend broken bridges,
I said it before the world cup, pep is in his final stages, even this summer could see him leave, you can feel something is not right at the club, it's not going away or looking any better, and now this with Cancelo being sold without a plan for somebody to come in even a loan or a free player ?

the re-actions in the next couple of weeks will speak volumes and like I said players vs the boss normally ends one way, even the best and biggest managers have to face this at some stage of their career,

I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Beckham and Keane were deemed expendable for SAF.

Only Messi was not deemed expendable for Pep and we don't have Messi.

Zlatan, Eto, Deco, Hart, Nasri, Yaya and now cancelo have been deemed expendable.

He has what matters most: the backing from the Sheikh and Khaldoon!

And its hilarious Cancelo got mad at not playing:

1675103376255.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.