7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never saw this coming. This won’t be popular but I’d bid for Shaw from the rag scum. Had a decent season, can pass and move and creates chances. In our system he’ll do very well. Should get him for nothing as his contract has run down.
We'll be spending that 300 mill on kitchen catering instead of Jude

but this season Pep has not been himself, and that outburst after the spurs game was a big eye-opener for everybody, pep never throws anybody under the bus ? but the whole club got it, big time

maybe key players are not giving 100% to the club and pep, so the club need a new rebuild in the summer,
will it be pep last build, or he walks away thinking maybe it's time and the club will be better off with a new manager with new ideas and the key players will buy into a new manager ?

Meanwhile Chelsea just bought Enzo.

It's going to be a lot tougher to get into top 4 with Newcastle, Arsenal, Chelsea, Rags and Dippers all looking to spend and we've got an aging squad.

So he's just seeing the writing on the wall, gotta get younger and kick out the unmotivated!

Love it or hate it, Cancelo was one of our oldest regulars behind Gundo, KDB and Walker.

Mahrez seems to have responded to Pep and is carrying his weight now!

Sterling’s another one.

I was sick to death of his emotionless face by the end of his time here. Just like Cancelo, didn’t have the drive or fight in him to make a place in our team his own, just shrunk under the pressure of others playing better than him and easing him into fewer starts.

‘I was fuuuumin’ Raheem said about not being picked… his solution was to leave! What a mard arse.

Same as Cancelo.
100% spot on.

When Pep first took over - he inherited a bunch of prima-donna, "me-first," "I'm better than anyone else" - non-team players - Joe Hart, Yaya Toure, and Nasri spring to mind as examples. All of these troublemakers were soon gone - and our team began its rise to dominance.

Arteta has done the same thing at Arsenal - Aubameyang and his ilk out - team players in. Successful clubs almost always have a team-first ethic, pervading every member of the squad.

Last edited:
Sterling’s another one.

I was sick to death of his emotionless face by the end of his time here. Just like Cancelo, didn’t have the drive or fight in him to make a place in our team his own, just shrunk under the pressure of others playing better than him and easing him into fewer starts.

‘I was fuuuumin’ Raheem said about not being picked… his solution was to leave! What a mard arse.

Same as Cancelo.
Turned out well for raheem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.