7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to be having a bit of a clear-out ... this time last season we had Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko, Cancelo as important members of the squad. Now all gone.

Dias rarely plays. Bernardo keeps being linked with Barca. Gundo says there isn't the hunger in the dressing room anymore. Foden has disappeared. Stones has returned to having regular niggly injuries. Again, all really important players this time last year.

There are some worrying signs.

Still second though, and easily into the Champions League last 16.

XXXX
Sterling’s another one.

I was sick to death of his emotionless face by the end of his time here. Just like Cancelo, didn’t have the drive or fight in him to make a place in our team his own, just shrunk under the pressure of others playing better than him and easing him into fewer starts.

‘I was fuuuumin’ Raheem said about not being picked… his solution was to leave! What a mard arse.

Same as Cancelo.

I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Beckham and Keane were deemed expendable for SAF.

Only Messi was not deemed expendable for Pep and we don't have Messi.

Zlatan, Eto, Deco, Hart, Nasri, Yaya and now cancelo have been deemed expendable.

He has what matters most: the backing from the Sheikh and Khaldoon!

And its hilarious Cancelo got mad at not playing:

View attachment 67553

but this season Pep has not been himself, and that outburst after the spurs game was a big eye-opener for everybody, pep never throws anybody under the bus ? but the whole club got it, big time

maybe key players are not giving 100% to the club and pep, so the club need a new rebuild in the summer,
will it be pep last build, or he walks away thinking maybe it's time and the club will be better off with a new manager with new ideas and the key players will buy into a new manager ?

?
Well, he may do. But what he then wants to see is the fight in them. Not moping.
Still rate Cancelo and not ashamed to say so. But if he's out, he's out. Pep rules.
I meant permanently sideline. Clearly players get dropped (and rightly so) based on form. But he always gives them a chance to fight back, starting with training.

We seem to be having a bit of a clear-out ... this time last season we had Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko, Cancelo as important members of the squad. Now all gone.

Dias rarely plays. Bernardo keeps being linked with Barca. Gundo says there isn't the hunger in the dressing room anymore. Foden has disappeared. Stones has returned to having regular niggly injuries. Again, all really important players this time last year.

There are some worrying signs.

Still second though, and easily into the Champions League last 16.

XXXX
Oddly enough your username suits you as this post deserves an oscar.

Pure theatre luvvie.

If you go onto page 102 of the players performance thread it will explain a little bit of what has happened a few weeks before, this has now escalated with pep finally putting his foot down after a couple of discussions with the players involved

Never saw this coming. This won’t be popular but I’d bid for Shaw from the rag scum. Had a decent season, can pass and move and creates chances. In our system he’ll do very well. Should get him for nothing as his contract has run down.
The catering staff dislike this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.