7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't go as far as that. Some people just have that mentality where they feel the need to do a reset every now and then. He probably hasn't worked out how to identify when he's approaching those moments and it's coming out as frustration and poor decisions and a bit of anger.
So it'd be OK if he worked on a building site & decided to attack a colleague with a hammer for using his cordless drill? How's that any different to flying horror tackles on his team mates during training? :-/

Cancelo needs to grow the fuck up! Whenever I've been professionally criticised in the past, it drove me on to prove doubters wrong.

On reflection I realised much of that criticism was jealousy, because I've always been a grafter who'd be up earlier than everyone else, & still up working when everyone else was drawing Zzzz's.

You need to have self belief & the drive within yourself to achieve at the highest level. Cancelo also needed to realise he's not a boxer or dart player. He plays in a team sport & others need to be considered.

He's nearly 29 & if he can't process these work ethic basics, then I doubt he'll ever learn. It's a moot point now, as it's just been announced his loan move to Bayern's been completed. He's their player & problem until June & hopefully beyond at the £61m fee we want...

Not sure what the fuss is about. Cancelo has been slagged off quite a lot recently in here, now you're all surprised he's going?

It's also been noted that there seems to be problems in the dressing room (with at least one clown going as far as saying that Pep has lost the dressing room), so if you deduce from there that it's Cancelo that has been causing the problems and not playing well, then this is exactly what needed to happen. It gets rid of the disruption and means we don't have to rely on a player who isn't happy.

We have more than enough to cope, I seem to remember us winning the title without a number 9 not long ago despite everyone, the media in particular, telling us that we wouldn't win anything if we didn't sign a striker in that January window, so if we can do that we can do anything.

If you don't trust in Pep by now you're supporting the wrong club.

If we play Bayern, Cancelo is likely to play at RB, that is against...Foden and Ake. It's almost like it's written in the stars.

PSG have a good chance to beat Bayern, though. Say it's 50/50. We are not 100% guaranteed to beat Leipzig either, but we are highly likely to win that tie.

Sky reporting it as Cancelo brought the offer from Bayern to the club, citied his unhappiness at game time and the club agreed.

Thought they’d have been all over the alleged stuff with Pep, Phil and Dias.

If you don’t listen, follow the tactical instructions, have a face like a slapped arse when things don’t go your way, and have “afters” in training, you are ASKING to be moved on by Pep.

No player is bigger than the club OR THIS MANAGER, and it’s a lesson everyone should have learned from Fergie.

The manager has to have TOTAL CONTROL of the squad and the ability to move players on. That’s what he’s doing and it is a powerful message to everyone at City from KDB to the youngest kid at the Academy.

Attitude counts in a big way with Pep and in the dressing room. Txiki tries to find not just a player, but a person, that Pep can work with. That requires players who are part of a squad and have to perform whenever they’re given the chance. Those that can’t don’t, and disappear quickly.

Glad he is gone. Just because we have a lb problem does not mean that the club has to put up with wanker behaviour. We all knew what Cancelo was before we bought him of juve. The old lady could not wait to get shot and he has been making noises for a few seasons. The old trick of playing up to force a move tells us all we need to know about his personality.

Both player and club benefited from the deal and now it’s soured. It was always going to end this way based on past behaviour. No bad feelings at all apart from leaving us short but that’s life. We move on.

I have a feeling this move will settle down Bernardo until he leaves. As for the rest of the squad. Well pep won’t have it. So knuckle down or fuck off. I would rather we win nothing and play the kids instead of pandering to player who deem themselves better that our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.