7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same number of clubs and a lot younger. City fans now digging up any rumour to discredit a player who they said was the best "full back" in the world until May, after lapping up the best in the world tag the press gave him.

There is more than one reason to move clubs.
I was never one bigging him up.

The first job of a FB is to defend, Cancelo is not capable of that.

Dias and Phil took on Cancelo after he had a go at Pep on the training pitch, as per the rumour.
WTF! His position at City is untenable. If you take on your boss & the boss doesn't prevail, their authority & ability to manage will be damaged.

You pull a move like this at your peril. Any manager worth their salt would have fucked Cancelo off & retained the authority, control & respect of the squad.

Good riddance to Joao...

The truth of the loan deal:

Cancelo hasn’t been loaned for just falling out of favour as I’m sure we’re all aware. The truth of the matter is he squared up to pep in training and actually threw a ball at him from point blank range. Luckily it only hit the catalans stomach and was able to keep his composure and deescalate the situation before an improbable brawl broke out. Ruben and Phil were quick to corner Cancelo and have a serious go at him.It’s clear there’s no going back now, Cancelo has indefinitely played his last game for Manchester City. For better or worse, only time will tell.
WTF! :-/

Let me get this straight...

It's "Alleged" Jaoa Cancelo lobbed a ball at Guardiola after he made a reckless challenge on Foden & presumably Pep had some choice words for him, & Dias & Foden surrounded Cancelo? :-/
I think this is possibly conflating two separate incidents. There was the alleged hard tackle on Phil by Cancelo in training, which resulted in a bust up between them and both getting a dressing down from Pep (which Phil accepted but JC didn't).

Then there was a separate bust up between Cancelo and Pep on the training pitch, when JC threw the ball at Pep, and Phil and Dias then took on Cancelo (presumably intervening on Pep's behalf).

It's all rumour but we might as well keep it as straight as possible.

Last edited:
Nathan fucking Aké. He played there on Friday.

There is no such thing as a "proper" left back.

Zinchenko was as much a "proper left back" as Clichy, Kolarov, Mendy etc.
Show some respect for probably our player of the season, I was not a Ake fan but he has been superb this season and is a better defender anyday of the week and twice on a Sunday than Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.