7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth of the loan deal:

Cancelo hasn’t been loaned for just falling out of favour as I’m sure we’re all aware. The truth of the matter is he squared up to pep in training and actually threw a ball at him from point blank range. Luckily it only hit the catalans stomach and was able to keep his composure and deescalate the situation before an improbable brawl broke out. Ruben and Phil were quick to corner Cancelo and have a serious go at him.It’s clear there’s no going back now, Cancelo has indefinitely played his last game for Manchester City. For better or worse, only time will tell.
What a lovely fella

Let me get this straight...

It's "Alleged" Jaoa Cancelo lobbed a ball at Guardiola after he made a reckless challenge on Foden & presumably Pep had some choice words for him, & Dias & Foden surrounded Cancelo? :-/
Are you expecting video? Maybe corroborating witness statements?

Someone's mentioned Dias. Did he have anything to do/say about the situation?

Is there a split with the Portuguese lads in the squad?
Dias wasn’t mentioned to me , but the English lads sided with Foden and some of the others sided with Cancelo. Silva just walked away and left them to it . What is pissing me off though is that he told the club weeks ago he wanted out and continued with his shit attitude and we have no replacement lined up .

They've added a tricky winger and a seasoned DM, how have they not improved?
They failed in getting in their two No1 targets, both of them were outstanding talents.

Jorginho is a gamble and one that could backfire.

We have got rid of one of our only FB's but I know our dressing room will be a considerably happy place because of it.

We were looking at left backs in the summer, didn't get our top target, and didn't go for another.

A few months later and we could have reinvestigated our left back data but didn't, and let another player who can play there go.

Regardless of cancelo's attitude, and it is clear that keeping him here was something pep and the team felt was unquestionably bad for the team, it would suggest that our top targets are not available in January, at least not at one days notice, and we are not prepared to pay a premium for a rush signing.

We need bodies though. I wonder if JWE will get his loan cut short, shame for him if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.