7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have been injured. Bayern were in total control in the first half and Cancelo played well.
Then I watched a different game. Cancelo had plenty of ball but was the main reason why Bayern attack was wasteful. He was subbed because of his poor attacking output and pathetic defending.

Bild had the same view as mine. It game Cancelo the lowest rating among Bayern players. 1 is the highest and 5 is the lowest in Bild system.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 1.51.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 1.51.59 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
Nagelsmann explains Cancelo's substitution: "We knew when Phonzy breaks through on his wing, we'll outnumber them. That's how we scored the goal. João didn't really get into deep positions. That's why we reacted to be a bit more offensive."
Nagelsmann: "And the other way around defensively, being able to react when Paris bring a few more attacking players with pace. Phonzy is 3 km/h faster than João. João was decent today"

Negelsmann basically said Alphonso Davies is a better player than Cancelo, both attacking and defending.

Nagelsmann explains Cancelo's substitution: "We knew when Phonzy breaks through on his wing, we'll outnumber them. That's how we scored the goal. João didn't really get into deep positions. That's why we reacted to be a bit more offensive."
Nagelsmann: "And the other way around defensively, being able to react when Paris bring a few more attacking players with pace. Phonzy is 3 km/h faster than João. João was decent today"

Negelsmann basically said Alphonso Davies is a better player than Cancelo, both attacking and defending.
He's not wrong, Davies is a hell of player

Then I watched a different game. Cancelo had plenty of ball but was the main reason why Bayern attack was wasteful. He was subbed because of his poor attacking output and pathetic defending.

Bild had the same view as mine. It game Cancelo the lowest rating among Bayern players. 1 is the highest and 5 is the lowest in Bild system.

Fair enough. I was watching both games and he seemed to be ok. PSG only had one attack in the first half and Cancelo got his positioning spot on and denied them a good opportunity. From what I saw, I didn’t see any other attacks from PSG and the commentators at HT said it was one way traffic. And in respect to his attacking output: he isn’t good enough in that position hence City rarely played him there.

If true no fuckin way the German rags are forking out 60 million for a backup next summer. Snap Chelsea's hand off if it's stretched out.

Regardless of what happens I hope we’re still gonna sing his song at Christmas - it’s an absolute better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.