7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguably our best player in 2021-22 but someone who played far too much football in a condensed time and, when his form consequently dipped, someone who could not handle losing his place to a teenager. There should be no hard feelings to him.
It'd be a quick argument where anyone saying he was our best player that season would be wrong.

Each to their own. He played an astonishing 4,622 minutes for us, which is even more than Rodri played this season. We’ll beg to differ.
Never once won city player of the month. Didn't win city player of the year. Someone had to play the minutes at left back. You look at the minutes. I'll look at the quality of the minutes.

Never once won city player of the month. Didn't win city player of the year. Someone had to play the minutes at left back. You look at the minutes. I'll look at the quality of the minutes.
He also played a large number of games at right back as well. He wouldn’t have racked up those minutes under Guardiola if he hadn’t been performing consistently well.

Each to their own. He played an astonishing 4,622 minutes for us, which is even more than Rodri played this season. We’ll beg to differ.

Most interceptions/tackles/aerials won and average distance covered and he was in FIFA's best XI

He also played a large number of games at right back as well. He wouldn’t have racked up those minutes under Guardiola if he hadn’t been performing consistently well.
Just like you I watched the games. He didn't ever perform consistently well. In fact, consistency was his problem. He was either the dogs bollocks or just bollocks. And that was representative of his whole tenure at City. Anyway, like you said, agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.