7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguably our best player in 2021-22 but someone who played far too much football in a condensed time and, when his form consequently dipped, someone who could not handle losing his place to a teenager. There should be no hard feelings to him.

I wonder if the club has to payout a full CL winner bonus to him... I hope not.

Last edited:
joao-cancelo.gif

Twat

Poor Cancelo I liked the guy last year and before but he must have football attitude issues and ego about playing etc so this is obviously very bad.
When he left we saw less disorganization from the team and more proper focus but I guess we can't put all the blame on him.

But in football area only, his defensive ability was NOWHERE near as good as Ake's or Akanji that replaced him. We started being MUCH more solid. Sure we lost something offensively form our left back, BUT we gained Grealish I think, as he started be activated, since Ake was passing to him and allowing to do his job in the offence while Cancelo brilliant enough many moments in attack but this never let Jack gain any rhythm.

Cancelo was also VERY unstable in his performances. Apart from being a mediocre defender, offensively had some GREAT moments, but his consistency on that was poor and much more times he was making bad decisions offensively. But the great passes and assists, tend to stuck to the brain more than the others.
And all these many of us were saying them BEFORE he left. So it's not degrading him because he left.

I prefer a City without him to be honest, now that I have seen this City :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.