7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's massively out of form and much like when kdb is off his game, an off form cancelo stinks, that's part of his game, when he's on it he's unbelievable but when he's off it he's also unbelievable, in a bad way, have to accept that like we do with kdb.

I don't think Pep is helping him here though, he's asked to play as an inverted left back one week, then right back the next, then as an overlapping wingback, too much when a player isn't on it, we've seen this from Pep across the pitch when he's changing the roles of Foden every week or Bernardo, it's no surprise the players asked to do the same job every week are the consistent ones for us.

give him one role to play until he finds some form and confidence.

He’s in one of his annual horrendous runs of form. I don’t know why it comes as a surprise to anyone every year, because it does happen every year.

Eventually he gets himself out of it and everyone forgets about these runs of form, then get surprised again the next season when he gets into one again.
As someone who has always supported him on here, this current run feels completely different. Almost every player has bad games, or a bad run of form, as you said, he does it every season. This doesn’t feel like a run of bad form to me, it feels instead like someone (maybe Pep) has had a word and he has responded like a petulant brat.

I will back good players who have bad games. I have done it with Cancelo every season. I won’t back this mard-arse though.

As someone who has always supported him on here, this current run feels completely different. Almost every player has bad games, or a bad run of form, as you said, he does it every season. This doesn’t feel like a run of bad form to me, it feels instead like someone (maybe Pep) has had a word and he has responded like a petulant brat.

I will back good players who have bad games. I have done it with Cancelo every season. I won’t back this mard-arse though.

I think if there had been shall we say “words”,he wouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11,don’t you ?

He's massively out of form and much like when kdb is off his game, an off form cancelo stinks, that's part of his game, when he's on it he's unbelievable but when he's off it he's also unbelievable, in a bad way, have to accept that like we do with kdb.

I don't think Pep is helping him here though, he's asked to play as an inverted left back one week, then right back the next, then as an overlapping wingback, too much when a player isn't on it, we've seen this from Pep across the pitch when he's changing the roles of Foden every week or Bernardo, it's no surprise the players asked to do the same job every week are the consistent ones for us.

give him one role to play until he finds some form and confidence.
The difference is, even when Cancelo is in decent form, he still can't defend and his end product is still nowhere near good enough to justify a starting place. He's easy on the eye, gets the odd great goal or assist but there's no consistency. He has always been, and will always be, a weak spot for the opposition to target.

I think if there had been shall we say “words”,he wouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11,don’t you ?
Depends who it came from. If it was a Portugal WC thing, he needs to snap out of it fast and remember who pays his wages.

I think something is fundamentally broken with Cancelo and at this point I’m not sure anything other than a transfer can fix it. We can get a good fee for him, I hope we do. And use it as a chance to give Lewis more minutes.

When he starts badly he just gets worse. Some players give their heads a shake and get it out of their system. He just shakes his arms looking around as if its someome else's fault that he's shit.!

Bin him off to a second rate Italian or Spanish club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.