7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's better? Genuine question.

Malacia, Tierney/Zinch, Robertson, Cucu...?
We are looking at it from a different perspective I'm not knocking his ability apart from in a defensive situation. The way things are playing out I would use Ake and preferably sign a left back that can defend.

There are two elements to winning a game.

We are looking at it from a different perspective I'm not knocking his ability apart from in a defensive situation. The way things are playing out I would use Ake and preferably sign a left back that can defend.

There are two elements to winning a game.

I know what you think and I disagree.

Ake ain't a FB, he's doing a job at LB.

Today he should have acted as a FB vs Garnacho and stop him. He didn't. The notion that he's a better FB than Cancelo is not surprising, because the concept of some fans about what a FB is supposed to offer is a bit outdated.

Again, Cancelo has started much more games than any City *defender* for a reason. He's doing what Pep wants from him.

He wasn't perfect but he had a far better game today at left back.Unfortunately he still chooses to keep the ball or pass it when he should do exactly the opposite.

Played well today. No issues on his side and made some important covering runs. everytime they got through us it was because of walker being criminally out of position on the right despite the fact cancelo is the more attack minded.

Did alright on the ball, wasn't overly creative but we didn't set up for him to be the free man and the creative influence so can't expect that. Decent, solid game, exactly what he needs for the next few games as he tries to find some form.

Madrid, Anfield, again today in build up to first goal he costs us. I miss Zinchenko

Very talented but Ake should be left back now. We need a more settled defence.
Ake doesn’t offer anywhere near enough going forward for me.

As good as Ake and Stones have done filling in for Cancelo and Walker this season (and they’ve had excellent games), they are part of the problem we’ve had because they aren’t proper full backs.

This is it with Cancelo. He can have 3/4 absolutely shit games and then manages to pull the wool over peoples eyes with one performance that wasn’t as shit. People will be talking about him being “world class” again in a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.