#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to show more,particularly from a leadership and industry angle.Probably our most frustrating player,he can be devastating one minute and incredibly wasteful and unproductive the next.As for his diving antics......piss poor.

In all honesty,if the right player became available,i'd replace him with someone more consistent and with more fight.

Wont be a popular view but you got it nailed there for me. I agree that should the right deal be on the table... I honestly do not think he is consistent enough and nowhere near clinical enough. A lesser player who put his hand up every week and who could stick a ball in an open net every time would take us further.

Haha, Sterling is frequently the one driving the team forward when everyone else is out of ideas. He's had his share of shit games too, like anyone else, but anyone complaining about his overall contribution needs to have a word with themselves.

He’s largely been contributing very little in games whilst on the left apart from plenty of goals usually against cannon fodder. His movement is world class but little else is in terms of overall play from the left. Would love to see him beating fullbacks and providing proper width from the right but the manager is beyond stubborn.

Vardy had 21 touches (Raheem 20), 2 of which were penalties, and he rarely misses those, I didn't think he did a lot otherwise, but he certainly did more than Raheem. Foden had the same number of touches as Raheem, but in less minutes.
I’m not sure whether the Leicester fans would be arsed if, apart from his hat trick, Vardy didn’t do a lot.

Plays his best stuff when not relied upon as *the* man. With Sane, Aguero, Silva, Bernardo, KDB etc around him he flourishes. It's looking like he's going to need to develop as more of a leader this season because we need him. This isn't 2018, we don't have those options anymore.

To be fair not one of these examples answer the question “have you seen him take the game by the scruff of the neck and boss it?”

They’re literally just goals.

Taking the game by the scruff of the neck is leading by example in pressing and winning the ball back, setting up attacking moves, being involved in the play constantly, taking people on, taking people out of the game with movement and passing, driving the team forward with runs from deep.

I’ve never ever been at a game and said “wow, what a player he is!” when watching Raz.

But he does get on the end of a number of chances to be fair to him.

If you don't think Sterling is a good player then football isn't for you. Sterling works his fucking bollocks off.

Jeez some fucking people.

Wont be a popular view but you got it nailed there for me. I agree that should the right deal be on the table... I honestly do not think he is consistent enough and nowhere near clinical enough. A lesser player who put his hand up every week and who could stick a ball in an open net every time would take us further.
You expect more from one of our supposed "galactico's". Doesn't do enough for me in a game, 5 minute spurts here and there during the game. As 1 of our so called top players he should be taking games by the scruff of the neck. Yes i agree by standing at the back post waiting for a worldy ball by Kev taking defenders and keeper out, he will score goals. But for someone of his calibre shouldn't he be putting in 10 out of 10 performances regular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.