#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily England's best player having had an integral role in 6 of his team's 10 goals. Three scored, an assist, a penalty won and an own goal forced.

Would be a deserving player of the tournament if England win it, but I'd genuinely not be surprised if Maguire or Shaw get it.

Easily England's best player having had an integral role in 6 of his team's 10 goals. Three scored, an assist, a penalty won and an own goal forced.

Would be a deserving player of the tournament if England win it, but I'd genuinely not be surprised if Maguire or Shaw get it.

no I think Raheem has it if he has a good final.

Best player by far in the tournament and when black supporters like myself get frustrated at the blatant racist undertones to him always being targeted and shunned everyone accuses us of playing the “race” card.

Respect to Ian Wright for always calling them out because no matter what we do credit goes elsewhere.

Sterling has carried this team on his back and Kane gets MOTM.

It is so frustrating you would never understand unless you walked in our shoes for a day.

So, I think I’ve found the thickest person in the world on RagCafe:

“Sorry for me thats a mixed game. Once again many chances in good positions to play the ball to a teammate to continue a building move, instead he messes up the pass or loses the ball just trying to run it all the time. Missed a sitter too. Kept trying and was in the box to force the OG and won a penalty, which didnt have a lot of contact.

He's the England player who gets all the chances to mess up, then finally gets one right and all is forgiven”

Now, I can’t physically bring myself to go through the laborious and somewhat vomit inducing process of creating an account to converse and ultimately correct this **** but I do feel that this is a snapshot of how even a portion of our own fans feel about Sterling…

here is my answer…

If these chances he keeps messing up are so easy to create, then why are the other players not scoring them?

Obvious answer.. they aren’t creating them. Raheem does.. you can’t finish something you can’t create!

people are idiots.

At least Ian Wright was trying to point out how influential his performance tonight was, Keane even tried to take the piss but he was right, they didn't spend enough time praising him. The crowd seemed to be showing him love and the players wont have missed it either. I'm happy for him, being a confidence player, hopefully that means he comes back to City in red hot form for next season. Hopefully after an England Euros win where he gets player of the tournament.

Also, I may have lowered my expectations for Sterling but at the time I didn't see the first shot he had as a "miss". He was running onto a ball and struck it cleanly and on target first time, the keeper got his positioning spot on.

Best player by far in the tournament and when black supporters like myself get frustrated at the blatant racist undertones to him always being targeted and shunned everyone accuses us of playing the “race” card.

Respect to Ian Wright for always calling them out because no matter what we do credit goes elsewhere.

It is so frustrating you would never understand unless you walked in our shoes for a day.
Not seen you post for a while, hope you’re good.

I’m good hope you are too. Just a tad annoyed at the constant Sterling bashing and when he actually shows his talent others get credit.

I don’t think anyone is not saying anything other than he has had a great tournament. He was a bit iffy at times last season but that can happen.

I’m white mate. And I just tweeted the same about the MOM award. I run a sales team in London and one of my team is black and a utd fan (don’t hold it against him) and invariably our zoom sales meetings descend into football talk, especially recently. We always agree that Sterling’s treatment from the media is shocking… in fact it’s worse than that. We both predicted the media narrative would spin Kane into player of the tournament no matter what Sterling did.. and guess what.. it’s happening.

It pisses me right off, so can’t imagine how much it pisses you off. There is a definite agenda.

Hopefully Raz takes that away from the likes of the Daily Mail and the Sun and scores a hatrick in the final which would make their view obsolete.

It’s all a bit pathetic really but so is a lot of society unfortunately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.