#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sheer number of driving runs he made this game was insane, I don't think we ever saw him do them that much in a City game.

That's one of his dangerous weapons that I think we need him to do more of at City, and something that I think only Messi in the world is capable of.

The finishing could be better, but that's something I've long accepted with Sterling.

My feelings on Sterling have always been this, he may frustrate you when he makes mistakes, but his ability to make game changing decisions every game (positioning to score, or driving runs) is up there amongst the best in the world.

He will always keep trying them, no matter what. Win that trophy Raz.
He did at Anfield last year. Also take a look at the Chelsea game in 2018/19 when we walloped them 6-0

He did at Anfield last year. Also take a look at the Chelsea game in 2018/19 when we walloped them 6-0
Two examples in 2 years proves the point, for someone who has that weapon it isn’t used as much as it should be. He was great last night being so direct, he done it within ten seconds and got fouled. You could tell he was bang up for it and that’s confidence for me and when he has it he can be a joy to watch

I don’t know why but he got far more motivation in an England shirt right now. You could pop him in a City shirt tomorrow and he wouldn’t play with this insane intensity. He said there are reasons for his City form. Well whatever they are, he and Pep need to sit down and sort it out. Because he’s a world class player that we aren’t getting this tune out of.

I’m white mate. And I just tweeted the same about the MOM award. I run a sales team in London and one of my team is black and a utd fan (don’t hold it against him) and invariably our zoom sales meetings descend into football talk, especially recently. We always agree that Sterling’s treatment from the media is shocking… in fact it’s worse than that. We both predicted the media narrative would spin Kane into player of the tournament no matter what Sterling did.. and guess what.. it’s happening.

It pisses me right off, so can’t imagine how much it pisses you off. There is a definite agenda.

Hopefully Raz takes that away from the likes of the Daily Mail and the Sun and scores a hatrick in the final which would make their view obsolete.

It’s all a bit pathetic really but so is a lot of society unfortunately.

Don't want to turn this into a political or whatever thread but there's a bit of a nasty whiff about some of the coverage.

I just got a text from a mate saying to put some money on him moving to Barca. My mates on holiday in Cornwall and got speaking to some kid who apparently is a relative of Raz! Make of it what you will, but my tenner is still in my pocket!

Playing with a false 9 did it upset Sterling’s game last season? We got the best out of him with Aguero and Sane playing up top with him, centre halves stick with Aguero which gives Sterling more space. If we manage to land a striker hopefully this will see a system that gets the best out of him and results in a lot more goals being racked up. A successful Euros and a couple of well deserved weeks on a sun lounger, get him back for pre season and hit the ground running.

Two examples in 2 years proves the point, for someone who has that weapon it isn’t used as much as it should be. He was great last night being so direct, he done it within ten seconds and got fouled. You could tell he was bang up for it and that’s confidence for me and when he has it he can be a joy to watch
Not really he did most of his best work for England on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.