#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing with a false 9 did it upset Sterling’s game last season? We got the best out of him with Aguero and Sane playing up top with him, centre halves stick with Aguero which gives Sterling more space. If we manage to land a striker hopefully this will see a system that gets the best out of him and results in a lot more goals being racked up. A successful Euros and a couple of well deserved weeks on a sun lounger, get him back for pre season and hit the ground running.
A striker. and mabe a fullback that overlaps too gives options and distractions for defenders.

I just got a text from a mate saying to put some money on him moving to Barca. My mates on holiday in Cornwall and got speaking to some kid who apparently is a relative of Raz! Make of it what you will, but my tenner is still in my pocket!

haha.. after this tournament he will be the worlds most expensive player. Season before last he was already second behind Salah according to that transfer market value site.

How on earth could Barca afford him? They are absolutely broke and running around trying to get Bosmans.. albeit high profile ones.

A striker. and mabe a fullback that overlaps too gives options and distractions for defenders.

Very true, we have Zinchenko and Cancelo who when we went through that purple patch between December and March made up the numbers in midfield rather than bombing past the wide man. Walker started doing it when he got more game time than Cancelo which opened up a lot more space for Mahrez to do his thing.

I just got a text from a mate saying to put some money on him moving to Barca. My mates on holiday in Cornwall and got speaking to some kid who apparently is a relative of Raz! Make of it what you will, but my tenner is still in my pocket!

lol tell your mate to lay off that crack pipe.

The chances of City even entertaining selling Sterling at this point at less than 0. We've not sold a player we want to keep in the last 12 years and I highly doubt that's going to start now all of a sudden....

Some people on here are weird.

I've been pissed off and frustrated with Sterling plenty, particularly in the past year, but it's not because he's not an excellent player or on City's level. It's through knowing he's such an excellent player, capable of moments of magic & driving teams to success, that he frustrates when he's out of form or fluffs opportunities. To deny his skills, ability & drive is baffling.

Anywho, he's been the difference maker throughout for England and I hope it continues in the final.

So Raheem was arguably the best player on the pitch last night but misses out on man of the match. Granted not the biggest thing in the grand scheme of things. However the focus that has been put on this apparent soft penalty is borderline sinister. He was asked about it in his interview after the game. Another player was asked about it. The panel were banging on about it. Apparently a number of other pundits and ex players banging on about it. If it was Grealish or Kane that had won that penalty no way would that be the centre of attention.

It’s bang out of line and it’s really pissed me off to be honest. I know as blues we can get on his back as he really didn’t have his best season last season by his own high expectations but to me he really doesn’t deserve the shade that he gets. I really hope he stays at City and becomes the main man. I may be wrong but he comes across as a really decent human being, he’s not arrogant or cocksure. He seems down to earth and a genuine nice lad who has done his upmost to fire England to a final and the narrative is that he dived or that it was the softest of pens. He was fouled running at speed. The ref have it and var looked at it. It was a penalty and that’s that.

sorry for the rant when people should be happy regarding England but it just doesn’t sit right with me. Maybe I’m over thinking things.

Could it be that Sterling is able to play so well at the Euros because he has spent half the season on the bench and is well rested to face the opposition?

Or. He’s just a really good footballer that is bang on form. He’s playing well. He’s played well for the majority of city career and is doing great things now. We don’t always have to look for caveats as to why he is playing so well. He’s a magnificent footballer and he’s forward thinking and doing the kind of things we have seen time and time again in a city shirt. I don’t get why people are so surprised to see him doing this well.

I hope the people who attacked me here when I said Sterling is better at dribbling then Foden Saka and Sancho are hiding now. He is the best dribbler in England

Whatever has happened behind the scenes, we need to offer Raheem a fresh contract (if he’s prepared to stay) and invest in a player like Kane who will only benefit his game and change the atmosphere of the club for the better.

Sterling is a very good and ambitious player, hopefully soon to be national icon and player of the tournament. Not a surprise to me that he does his best work in a team that is prepared to counter attack, that plays with a striker, and in a tournament with jeopardy which doesn’t involve the likes of West Brom parking the bus for a draw.

I don’t think it’s critical he signs again - we will make do like we did with Sané - but he is arguably the hottest shit in Europe right now, and I’m sure we’d all be clamouring to sign him if he wasn’t a city player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.