#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's totally understandable why he didn't take a penalty. First of all he's shit at penalties so let's get that out of the way. But besides that he has been the target from England fans and the media for years over every little thing. Would you put yourself in the position to become the scapegoat and the target of all the hate after suffering it for years? Would you fuck. He has had a good tournament and I'm glad his confidence is still intact and hopefully he brings his form back to City and has a good season for us.

It's totally understandable why he didn't take a penalty. First of all he's shit at penalties so let's get that out of the way. But besides that he has been the target from England fans and the media for years over every little thing. Would you put yourself in the position to become the scapegoat and the target of all the hate after suffering it for years? Would you fuck. He has had a good tournament and I'm glad his confidence is still intact and hopefully he brings his form back to City and has a good season for us.

You can’t supposedly carry the team through the tournament and then not take a penalty because you may miss and get some abuse.

Some of the criticism of Sterling is pathetic and OTT at times but so is the defence of him, it’s like fucking politics, there’s no middle ground, you either hate him for any slight thing he does or defend him for any slight thing he does or make excuses on why he’s doing nothing.

As a senior player who has “carried” the team through he should have taken one of the five penalties regardless of his previous record. It’s a pressured situation, nothing to do with abilities. One of the best penalty takers in world football missed one tonight ffs.

You can’t supposedly carry the team through the tournament and then not take a penalty because you may miss and get some abuse.

Some of the criticism of Sterling is pathetic and OTT at times but so is the defence of him, it’s like fucking politics, there’s no middle ground, you either hate him for any slight thing he does or defend him for any slight thing he does or make excuses on why he’s doing nothing.

As a senior player who has “carried” the team through he should have taken one of the five penalties regardless of his previous record. It’s a pressured situation, nothing to do with abilities. One of the best penalty takers in world football missed one tonight ffs.

You do know Southgate chose the order don't you? He said so in his interview. He obviously did not fancy Raz to be in the top 5 takers. But you still expect him to overrule the manager and say no I'm taking this penalty despite being shite at them and risk being the target of abuse? You must live in a fantasy world.

You do know Southgate chose the order don't you? He said so in his interview. He obviously did not fancy Raz to be in the top 5 takers. But you still expect him to overrule the manager and say no I'm taking this penalty despite being shite at them and risk being the target of abuse? You must live in a fantasy world.

If Sterling wanted to take a penalty, he takes a penalty. If you believe Southgate had the balls to say no to him then it’s not me living in a fantasy world.

He would have missed it 100%. good he did not take one.

He missed bigger chances than pens regularly for City, i would not trust him for a pen, neither did Southgate probably neither sterling himself. Was more surprised with Grealish tbh.

Was strange Henderson was taken off, I thought he would be taking one for sure.

the theatre of Rashford messed with the two next young ones' brain and have put extra pressure on them.

Compare and contrast the levels of abuse Sterling would have got compared to slabhead, bet his is hardly mentioned.
His what? He scored.

He’s a central defender who to my knowledge has never taken a penalty before yet he was taking one ahead of Sterling who’s been our best attacker and goal threat all tournament?

His what? He scored.

He’s a central defender who to my knowledge has never taken a penalty before yet he was taking one ahead of Sterling who’s been our best attacker and goal threat all tournament?
Hoping you’d miss that, in a general bad mood about Southgate, on a the plus side, fish and chips are better than spaghetti vonegole. Was going to say Rashford but looks like he’s getting enough abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.