#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has always been a question of WHY there is the negative reaction to Sterling by a tiny minority, it is constant, everlasting, and totally over the top. It seems to mirror the stereotypical media standpoint and cannot be totally football related. Therefore it needs open and frank discussion, rather than a head buried in the sand approach.

From my POV,and i can only speak for myself.....he receives negative criticism because he is a senior player,one the team and supporters should rely on,and often placed in the world class bracket,yet he is the most frustrating player on the planet,and over the past 18 months has rarely justified that hype.

That's all there is to it for me.....So why do you think he receives criticism?

tenor.gif

From my POV,and i can only speak for myself.....he receives negative criticism because he is a senior player,one the team and supporters should rely on,and often placed in the world class bracket,yet he is the most frustrating player on the planet,and over the past 18 months has rarely justified that hype.

That's all there is to it for me.....So why do you think he receives criticism?

He has recieved alot of critiscm on this forum since his transfer from Liverpool. Nothing to do with being a senior player.

I have been sat in the East stand where a small group of Season card card holders were calling him a soft scouse black ××××÷ , critical of his running style, his reluctance to dive into challenges. They seemed happy enough when he got the winning goal, not so happy when I pointed out that they had slagged him off for 65 minutes.

First choice for every top professional coach he has worked under. Just perhaps they know and see something other players , who they could select have not got, and some fans cannot see.
Or perhaps it is a mix of justification bias and football ignorance.
Perhaps Pep and Southgate have a better answer.

He has recieved alot of critiscm on this forum since his transfer from Liverpool. Nothing to do with being a senior player.

I have been sat in the East stand where a small group of Season card card holders were calling him a soft scouse black ××××÷ , critical of his running style, his reluctance to dive into challenges. They seemed happy enough when he got the winning goal, not so happy when I pointed out that they had slagged him off for 65 minutes.

First choice for every top professional coach he has worked under. Just perhaps they know and see something other players , who they could select have not got, and some fans cannot see.
England’s best attacking threat all tournament, that’s what he’s paid for.

I can honestly say, I'm in the South stand level 1 and have never heard any racism against Sterling or any other player. Thank God. Am I living in cloud cuckoo land? But I'm genuinely serious.

Wipe your fanny he’s not exempt from a bit if criticism. I was in a pub full on blues tonight and plenty were asking why didn’t Sterling fancy taking a penalty

Bullshit.

I literally don't believe any pub full of City fans is so ignorant of a player who's been at the club for 5 years that they don't know he's a shit penalty taker.

Sterling is a very good player but against better opposition like tonight he can at times look average. Italy denied him the space to exploit and just like for city he could not impact the game.

He is not world class but as I said at the start a very good player. Expectations need to be lowered imo.

Bullshit.

I literally don't believe any pub full of City fans is so ignorant of a player who's been at the club for 5 years that they don't know he's a shit penalty taker.

Whats Saka and Sancho’s penalty taking like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.