#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quote it because it was a time when a good touch and the nous to put his BODY BETWEEN RJ AND THE BALL, would have either put him through or got a penalty. It was a twofer!!
Agreed. Sterling often goes down under minimal contact, sometimes no contact, but was strong enough and in a position there to draw the contact and force a decision.

Seeing him become captain in the final gave me a strange feeling. And not in a good way. Would be happy to see him replaced.

Only half a dozen teams in world football could afford to match his contract,and he wouldn't be value for money where any of them are concerned.We are stuck with him,and got to hope he suddenly has a Lazarus type resurrection.

The same kind of lazarus type resurrection that happened to Stones this season once we signed Dias.

Sign a top class centre forward to take away some of the pressure, stop playing him on the left wing, this inverted winger situation doesn't do him any favours, every defender just shows him the outside knowing he can't take them on his left foot, Sterling then panics, stops, cuts back inside and runs into trouble.
He needs to play on the right with a decent target in the middle, we will then see the same player from 2 _ 3 seasons ago.

The same kind of lazarus type resurrection that happened to Stones this season once we signed Dias.

Sign a top class centre forward to take away some of the pressure, stop playing him on the left wing, this inverted winger situation doesn't do him any favours, every defender just shows him the outside knowing he can't take them on his left foot, Sterling then panics, stops, cuts back inside and runs into trouble.
He needs to play on the right with a decent target in the middle, we will then see the same player from 2 _ 3 seasons ago.

That's a lot of accommodating factors for a player that is allegedly elite class,especially with no guarantees,or even suggestion,that such will reignite him.

Stones issues were completely different,his technical ability never abandoned him,same with Gundogan.

That's a lot of accommodating factors for a player that is allegedly elite class,especially with no guarantees,or even suggestion,that such will reignite him.

Stones issues were completely different,his technical ability never abandoned him,same with Gundogan.

I might be pissing in the wind, but I still think he has something to offer us.
Just play him in his natural position on the right, the same position which we signed him for, then give him the striker that Khaldoon hinted at last night for him to feed.

I might be pissing in the wind, but I still think he has something to offer us.
Just play him in his natural position on the right, the same position which we signed him for, then give him the striker that Khaldoon hinted at last night for him to feed.

We have seen him play on the right with no improvement,i dont think it will be as revelationary as you believe.Maybe a striker would help,but again i have my doubts as he isn't a byline with a great cross type of winger either.The best we can hope for is that he beats his man occasionally with speed,and creates space for others.Hopefully the presence of a 9 allows him similar and affords him to ghost into great positions around the box.

He'll be here next season whether he renews or not tbh, Basically only PSG That can afford him and we'll sell to. PSG can't sign everyone. My guess is he'll keep his options and stay but not renew. City might try and sell if he does that but we probably won't be able to. He won't go to arsenal or spurs or someone like that.

He'll be here next season whether he renews or not tbh, Basically only PSG That can afford him and we'll sell to. PSG can't sign everyone. My guess is he'll keep his options and stay but not renew. City might try and sell if he does that but we probably won't be able to. He won't go to arsenal or spurs or someone like that.

Bang on,i think he holds all the cards.We offer him a new 5 yr deal and he's on a winner,or he runs his current one down and he's equally laughing.

He is going nowhere until he's on a free,that is the only way he becomes decent value.

Seeing him become captain in the final gave me a strange feeling. And not in a good way. Would be happy to see him replaced.
When Kevin came off, the players actually threw the armband to Dias who then gave it to Raz. They probably don't even see him as much of a leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.