#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling played average today. I don't know why he has 3 pages already. People who think he played well today, I don't know how you can be impressed this easily. People who say he played awfully, I disagree with you. He made good movements, his control was good for his standards, passes good for his standards, BUT how low in confidence he is. He literally stopped when he could've 1v1 due to his pace.
You have it really bad for him dont you

Has lost all his confidence.

And it is really sad to see.

Right now his inclusion is pointless. He is always looking to pass on responsibility in front of goal. Watched him purposely slow down and pass.

You have it really bad for him dont you
What?? I said he played average. He did good things, but nothing great to say he played a good match. Foden played good, Bernardo played good, Rodri played good. Sterling did okay.

What do you want me to say? Tell me, what did Sterling do to think he had a good match? Not losing the ball?

What?? I said he played average. He did good things, but nothing great to say he played a good match. Foden played good, Bernardo played good, Rodri played good. Sterling did okay.

What do you want me to say? Tell me, what did Sterling do to think he had a good match? Not losing the ball?
He played 20 minutes and did okay,bit better than average and better than Grealish today.

He played 20 minutes and did okay,bit better than average and better than Grealish today.
Certainly better than Grealish. For me it's average, but okay fits well too. But like I said, I am surprised that some people are almost celebrating how well Sterling played. I don't want to know the party some of you will throw the day Sterling played like Foden today (and I would throw one when he is constantly playing like Foden because having 2 Fodens would be...).

Like I said, good movement, decent passes and controls, but lacks confidence in the final third. With his pace he should've a 1v1 vs Allison at the end, but he hesitated and stopped.

He played well. Made the right decision everytime and challenged VVD and Gomez physically which isn’t easy to do at all. I remember one moment where he bodied VVD, VVD won out but made a poor pass and city broke on the counter

Thought there were two or three occasions when a greedy, on form striker would have nosed straight in on goal, but Sterling is not that and never struck me today as having the confidence to do that. Pity.

hopefully he has two good games for England and regains some self confidence. despite him being very frustrating I still think we need him until we get a top striker.
I cannot see anyone going above 10 PL goals this season apart from Foden maybe.

Sterling had 10 at his worst in last 4 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.