#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's better on the right. Much, much better.

Issue is that we've four right sided players, if you include Torres, and no one central. Something has to give, because even three is a lot.
He did have a better game yesterday, but technical flaws were still evident. For that reason, I think he will struggle for regular selection

Tbf any contact he got from a spinning ball that's been bent around the defence was going to be hard to keep control over so I'll give him plenty of credit for not hitting the corner flag.
To actually score was a fucking huge Bruce bonus!!
his one on one miss or should I say inability to control a ball he could have buried typifies his career at City but the good far outweighs the bad and he played like he didn't have the world on his shoulders as he sometimes does and made a solid contribution.

Good win , solid performance once again and outside Everton's first attack where they carved us open a tad a could have got a decent shot at goal we were very solid at the back which is what will win us the title this year if we keep our net safe and getting more clean sheets than Liverpool and Chelsea.

always a but from you
He does make a valid point Kaz , its always preventing him from getting to the next level , he can find the ball , has speed and guile but lacks that technical edge in front of goal and a killer instinct.

Love him to bits and been an excellent purchase but will never hit the heights of many others that we have bought in under own present ownership.

Never has pal. Loses the ball and let's someone else clean up. Sitting in the SS gives you a good view of his faults
All I can suggest is

B713AC7F-9A11-4DCF-9022-451DAB504F88.jpeg
The stats suggest he works hard mate, so you’re totally incorrect in what you think you see
51CF279D-E142-4B41-8960-80DF883FFF8A.jpeg

He did have a better game yesterday, but technical flaws were still evident. For that reason, I think he will struggle for regular selection
I think it depends if he gets a run on the right or not. He could make that right side pretty much his own if given a run of games to build some confidence up. If he ends up back on the left it’ll be more of the stop,cut back poor performances we’ve been seeing for well over 18 months. Technical flaws will always be there but if he can get back running at fullbacks and scoring goals it won’t be a problem.

All I can suggest is

View attachment 30388
The stats suggest he works hard mate, so you’re totally incorrect in what you think you see
View attachment 30389
Not only have you just proven that he runs the same distance as a centre back, but you've shown me a stat from his 2018 season? Pop ur head into a game this season pal, and take a look for yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.