#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is he on about? Is it Sterling's fault that the defender makes a stupid tackle and gets none of the ball. Imagine using a stonewall penalty as an example to make a point about diving when players like Salah blatantly dive every other week under minimal to zero contact.

Not actually seen it back today, but it looked absolutely nailed on at the ground last night.
Yeah, was going nowhere and the defender made a stupid tackle. Not the same but the Leicester one was similar. Not Sterling’s fault if he’s happy to take the foul when defenders stupidly commit themselves in the box, it’s smart play by him.

Managers should just instruct their defenders to let Sterling make the run. He will be one on one with the goalkeeper, think what to do, and make the wrong decision.

Seriously though, I’ve seen a lot of penalties for clear fouls on Sterling dus to stupid and clumsy mistakes by opponents. And yes, some were soft as well. But that’s up to the referee AND our beloved VAR.

You raise a point which I think VAR should address prior to next season regarding players deliberately trying to buy a penalty.

Every week, there are instances across the league's of players trying to hoodwink the refs .
I also would prefer going for goal in an old-school honest way instead of going for penalty, which Raz clearly did. (Good for us, but not the way I like football.)

Anyway, you will need incredibly good refs to properly and fairly implement such a sensitive philosophy. Impossible in England. Nearly impossible anywhere else.

Not sure 26 penalties in 310 Premier League appearances is even that noteworthy. He should see some of the ones he wasn't awarded!

I think for every dive/soft one you could find 2 or 3 stonewall penalties that weren’t given.

Don’t think that’s unique to him either.

I was in the family stand and i could tell from that far back it was a definite penalty.

I sit right at the front of the south stand, it was literally infront of me, I got a better view than any camera angle, he 100% bought the penalty and it was 100% a penalty. Mental decision from the defender, he was going nowhere and on his left foot.

Gets the ball slows down play passes back
Gets the ball runs into the defender falls over
Cant kick with his left foot
Tries to receive the ball and can’t control it
Dont get me started on the 1v1 goal attempts
He has pace that is certain but he’s exposed for his lack of football ability in this team
I think it’s you who is wearing the milk bottle bottom glasses
Not sure what that has to do with my post.
He was the best player on the pitch in the first half, got an assist and won the penalty for the goal yet you think that he was awful and contributed less than Stevie Wonder would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.