#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't saying anything about who was better. Simply pointing out who was more underated.

I think it's clearly Gabby.

By saying you think Gabby would be the bigger loss suggests you think he is better doesn't it?

Not arguing either way. Gabby in the CL is excellent. Seems to thrive in the competition. Always feel he still lacks that physicality in the prem and Raz trumps him but would love to keep both. They have been instrumental to our success over the years. Gabby stepped up in the last month or so and Raheem changed the game yesterday.

Play him on the right with Halaand in the middle. Chef's kiss!

We see how he performed on the right and what he does for the national team playing with Kane.

Razza is gold

So many mixed opinions on him from fans.. the most marmite player on the planet.. but for me.. he sums up what Pep wants in an attacking player.. he attacks the space.. time and time.. and time again. And eventually makes things happen. He is unique.

I love him. One of my favourite City players ever.

If ever a player summed up the phrase ‘from the sublime to the ridiculous’ (or if you prefer,’one minute a world beater, the next a panel beater’, it’s Raheem, and I think that’s what divides opinion on him.

Looked sooo much better on the right on Sunday, far more comfortable and natural for him it seemed.

If ever a player summed up the phrase ‘from the sublime to the ridiculous’ (or if you prefer,’one minute a world beater, the next a panel beater’, it’s Raheem, and I think that’s what divides opinion on him.

Looked sooo much better on the right on Sunday, far more comfortable and natural for him it seemed.

You're right. One issue with Raz is when he is low on confidence he doesn't shy away from playing his usual game. But his first touch goes. He gives the ball away. He misses his chances. He dribbles the ball but loses it everytime.

Other players will just disappear when they're out of form. Their touch will be fine but they will play so safe they become invisible. Much like Bernardo recently. They avoid criticism as a result whereas Sterling sticks out like a sore thumb because he misses a couple of chances.

The Wolves game summed him up. But Pep clearly rates the way he attacks space and takes defenders out of the game. He still scored at Wolves. We won 5-1. But Sterling gets no grace because he missed earlier in the game.

I don't think many will realise how important he is until he goes. And then they'll probably still be thinking we shouldn't have sold Sane rather than Sterling.

You're right. One issue with Raz is when he is low on confidence he doesn't shy away from playing his usual game. But his first touch goes. He gives the ball away. He misses his chances. He dribbles the ball but loses it everytime.

Other players will just disappear when they're out of form. Their touch will be fine but they will play so safe they become invisible. Much like Bernardo recently. They avoid criticism as a result whereas Sterling sticks out like a sore thumb because he misses a couple of chances.

The Wolves game summed him up. But Pep clearly rates the way he attacks space and takes defenders out of the game. He still scored at Wolves. We won 5-1. But Sterling gets no grace because he missed earlier in the game.

I don't think many will realise how important he is until he goes. And then they'll probably still be thinking we shouldn't have sold Sane rather than Sterling.
His mentality can’t really be faulted as far as I’m concerned , and I include the shit thrown at him outside of a football game, he’s a pretty tough kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.