#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
and just put the clubs season high g/a leader(Mahrez) on the bench?
Of course not. Rotate them like we have done all season. It's a squad game after all.

Ederson
Walker, Stones, Dias, Zinchenko
Rodri
De Bruyne, Bernardo
Mahrez, Haaland, Foden

Steffen
Cancelo, Ake, Laporte, Cucurella
Phillips
Gundogan, Grealish
Sterling, Alvarez, Palmer

Would be a great team to enter the season with. Everyone would get good minutes.

(Edited)

Of course not. Rotate them like we have done all season. It's a squad game after all.

Ederson
Walker, Stones, Dias, Cancelo
Rodri
De Bruyne, Bernardo
Mahrez, Haaland, Foden

Steffen
Cancelo, Ake, Laporte, Cucurella
Phillips
Gundogan, Grealish
Sterling, Alvarez, Palmer

Would be a great team to enter the season with. Everyone would get good minutes.
How much did we get for Zin?

I can't remember what the rest of his performance was like but that cross completely changed the game. The first goal gave us the momentum and the belief to score the second and the third. Without it, who knows how much longer it would've taken us to get the breakthrough.
The cross by Raz was no hit and hope cross. Gundo said he expected it and Raz delivered inch perfect on a plate.

Sterlings positioning, beating his man and cross were all sublime and on a par with the build up to the Aguero 93.20 goal. The importance should not be under estimated and to my mind was one on the finest ever passages of play by Raz - determined, aware, controlled with perfect execution.

We know what he can do but too often frustrates. This time he deserves all credit for showing big balls and changing the game. Raheem Sterling he's top of the league.

The cross by Raz was no hit and hope cross. Gundo said he expected it and Raz delivered inch perfect on a plate.

Sterlings positioning, beating his man and cross were all sublime and on a par with the build up to the Aguero 93.20 goal. The importance should not be under estimated and to my mind was one on the finest ever passages of play by Raz - determined, aware, controlled with perfect execution.

We know what he can do but too often frustrates. This time he deserves all credit for showing big balls and changing the game. Raheem Sterling he's top of the league.
The big difference for me in the passage of play was he beat his man, was running into space and on his favoured right foot. He didn't have to overthink it, or cut back inside. He was able to just execute a fantastic cross.

He beats his man like that on the left, and it means he either has to try and cross with his left foot, or if he has beaten his man on the inside, he is inevitably running into more traffic instead of space.

Obviously being on the right means he is less likely to cut inside and score, but its not like he was doing that every week on the left anyway. Plus I think he will more than make up for that with getting in at the far post on the right for a tap-in.

I just hope that next season Pep sees him as a RW/F, who can do a job across the other front positions when/if needed but primarily he is our RW/F.

Personally I suspect Sterling didn't attend the PL celebration because he was frustrated with his game involvement towards the end of the season?

In the crucial CL semi's against RM, he played 7 minutes in the first leg and 21 minutes in the second leg, only coming on in extra time.

In the last 2 PL games, he was an unused sub in the tough West Ham game, and came on for last 34 minutes in the Aston Villa game.

Well the bench is where Mahrez has spent most of his time in the league this season. Just 15 starts and most sub appearances.
You are right Mahrez this season only started 41% of PL games, ( in the PL team 44% of the time).

Sterling started 61% of PL games, ( in the PL team 62 % of the time).

However in the CL semi's against RM, Mahrez played the full 90 minutes in the first leg and 85 minutes in the away leg, scoring the break through goal.

In the last 2 PL games Mahrez played the full 90 minutes against West Ham and 56 minutes against Villa.

Mahrez seemed to be very content and enjoying the PL celebration's after our success.

Both Mahrez and Sterling have contributed valuable goals and assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.