#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sterling has been great for us and has made the best of his slightly limited ability and maybe at times probably even over performed, however I think he has reached his ceiling and if we have everyone fit and available, he should not be making the starting line up.
Sterling at his best uses his fabulous pace to get in behind defences (previously aided by David Silva) however he seems reluctant to utilise this now and looks as though he’s trying to become more of a technical player but a poor first touch (although it has improved since coming to City) and the inability to strike a ball cleanly, either when shooting or crossing, clearly hinder this.
I wish Pep would sometimes have more faith in some of the more talented youngsters such as Cole Palmer and Edozie than continually persevering with a now constantly underperforming Sterling.
I would rather he leaves in the next window so as not to tarnish or sour his reputation whilst at City and also to free up some playing time for the youngsters.

Rather odd predicament. Lad is clearly low on confidence and appears the sort that needs love and appreciation. Sign a new contract and the security and stability that brings may spark an immediate improvement. Protract the situation, however, and you could be seeking suitors on improved terms on the back of two suboptimal seasons.

Whether he still does remains to be seen.
Doesn't sound to me like he's given up on him:
“Do you know how many incredible successes we had in the last seasons yeah? Impossible without Raheem,” Guardiola said at his press conference before City face Southampton on Saturday. “He’s such an important player.

“But I am here to tell them. He reached an incredibly high standard and I have to tell him this is the standard we need, for you, for all of us.
"And I’m pretty sure he will get it. If he’s able to do it, he will do it. And I’m so optimistic that he will do a great season.”

What is said in public we can take with a pinch of salt.

He looks to be saying that Sterling isn't the player he was and has thrown down the gauntlet for him to sort his shit out.

No longer a shoe in, its shit or bust time
No longer a shoe in is am understatement. Hes gone from untouchable to third choice on both wings and second choice in the middle. Even at the end of last season he was second choice on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.