#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we are going to pay more for a player with fewer goals and assists than Sterling last season, how do you square that circle?

Also, big of you to draw a line and start afresh for a guy with over 100 goals for our club and countless assists as well

96 goals and 51 assists in the league alone.

Go on, give the lad a second chance, he will be so pleased.
He was piss poor last season, that poor that he was only playing when Pep was making 7/8 changes in the end. Dropped for each big game then for some mental reason plays in the biggest game of our history, playing badly once more. His confidence was shot and so many examples of going through one on one only to cut back and half the time not even get a shot away. If you can’t admit last season was a car crash for him then there’s something wrong with you.
Attacking players will get good numbers in our team, we are the best team, managed by the best manager and score the most goals. His overall game had gone downhill, football is more than just numbers at times.

Again he had more goals and assists than a man many want to spend 80m on, go and give your fucking head a wobble
In the league Sterling had one more goal contribution than Grealish (I presume that’s who you mean) whilst playing more games, in an average side that the year before narrowly avoided relegation, the other plays for the best and most attacking team in the league. Hopefully you’ll accept that Grealish numbers would improve in a better team.
On to Sterling mainly though it wouldn’t be his replacement anyway, I’d be surprised if we threw Grealish out wide. Next season we have a confident Sterling who I’m sure will be back to his best

He was piss poor last season, that poor that he was only playing when Pep was making 7/8 changes in the end. Dropped for each big game then for some mental reason plays in the biggest game of our history, playing badly once more. His confidence was shot and so many examples of going through one on one only to cut back and half the time not even get a shot away. If you can’t admit last season was a car crash for him then there’s something wrong with you.
Attacking players will get good numbers in our team, we are the best team, managed by the best manager and score the most goals. His overall game had gone downhill, football is more than just numbers at times.
When and where did i say he never had a down season, I didn't so take your fucking lecture elsewhere.

The guy said he was willing to give him a chance next season lol over a hundred goals for City, loads of assists ( I admit he hasn't scored 96 in the prem for us that was including the Scouse as well) and he is going to give him one more season to buck up his ideas. lol

All the while paying 80m for Grealish who despite being Villa's main man didn't beat Sterling's goal involvements despite being heralded a great player and Sterling being some fucking scrub.

If our player stats are because of the team as a whole then we can surely just stick any mug down the left and plug and play, no? No, they still need talent.

As for Sterling being in and out of the team he played 31 of 38 league games and 49 in total.

He lost his place for mouthing off at Pep after being subbed near the end of the season and really had fuck all to do with his form.

Still, best to get shot just in case he is a busted flush.

Last edited:
In the league Sterling had one more goal contribution than Grealish (I presume that’s who you mean) whilst playing more games, in an average side that the year before narrowly avoided relegation, the other plays for the best and most attacking team in the league. Hopefully you’ll accept that Grealish numbers would improve in a better team.
On to Sterling mainly though it wouldn’t be his replacement anyway, I’d be surprised if we threw Grealish out wide. Next season we have a confident Sterling who I’m sure will be back to his best

I see no reason why we wouldn't play Grealish outside. No reason Grealish could do it if Foden can't.

Sterling will wait us out I think, dont think anything gets signed this summer. he'll go to 1 year left and either get everything he wants from us or move at a reduced fee.

Can‘t wait until he can’t get past his opponent and people going to scream that we should‘ve gone for a new LW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.