#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strange feeling that however well Sterling plays this season there will be at least 3 posters saying he is hopeless, should be sold and shouldn't be anywhere near the team

I can see the future.
I don’t think he will ever have universal approval. He came somewhere between 40/50 from memory in the favourite city player poll so clearly not a huge fans favourite. I’m hoping for a good season this one though. Personally I think he will run his contract down.

I think lack of popularity outside of obvious unpleasant reasons is sterling is very business like in his approach to playing. You don't get much 'love the club, love the fans' stuff out of him and he gives very dispassionate interviews and usually frames things more in terms of his own stats than the clubs success. Dont see him at academy games like de bruyne etc. Ultimately he left liverpool to join us because it was a good decision for his brand and career. And thats fine. Not everyone is gonna be zabaleta or whatever but he does seem like one of our colder players and maybe certain fans need that emotional connection rather than just someone being paid well to do a good job.

Thats why it doesnt surprise me he's not renewed though. I dont think there is a lot of attachment there and he'll make a decision that's best for his brand and career, whether that is to renew or leave.

Who gonna renew if contract is running down to 1 year? City isn't his childhood team why he has to take less money to stay on. I'm sure he's looking forward to a huge signing on fee from new club already. City should sell him now or get nothing at the end though.

Who gonna renew if contract is running down to 1 year? City isn't his childhood team why he has to take less money to stay on. I'm sure he's looking forward to a huge signing on fee from new club already. City should sell him now or get nothing at the end though.
Lol, he is on holiday and has no agent

I think lack of popularity outside of obvious unpleasant reasons is sterling is very business like in his approach to playing. You don't get much 'love the club, love the fans' stuff out of him and he gives very dispassionate interviews and usually frames things more in terms of his own stats than the clubs success. Dont see him at academy games like de bruyne etc. Ultimately he left liverpool to join us because it was a good decision for his brand and career. And thats fine. Not everyone is gonna be zabaleta or whatever but he does seem like one of our colder players and maybe certain fans need that emotional connection rather than just someone being paid well to do a good job.

Thats why it doesnt surprise me he's not renewed though. I dont think there is a lot of attachment there and he'll make a decision that's best for his brand and career, whether that is to renew or leave.
well said

Now that it looks like the deal for Grealish is done, I am wondering who we are going to unload. Sterling is one of our highest paid players, plays in essentially the same position as Grealish and is a fairly hot commodity after his performances in the Euros this summer. Also, if we’re being completely honest, he has been terrible for us for over a year so all things considered I think he must be considered expendible.

I don’t really know what his current market value is but I would imagine a bid of £60/70m would tempt the Club to let him go.

Now that it looks like the deal for Grealish is done, I am wondering who we are going to unload. Sterling is one of our highest paid players, plays in essentially the same position as Grealish and is a fairly hot commodity after his performances in the Euros this summer. Also, if we’re being completely honest, he has been terrible for us for over a year so all things considered I think he must be considered expendible.

I don’t really know what his current market value is but I would imagine a bid of £60/70m would tempt the Club to let him go.
Nope , seems bernie has itchy feet

Since Pep arrived every time we sign someone who can play on the wing, the first player people question is Sterling. Nolito, Sané, Bernardo, Mahrez, Torres... I've seen people suggesting Grealish arriving is bad for Sterling elsewhere too.

But he's still here. He'll still be here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.