#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went and had another look after seeing your post and he’s right. Sterling was offside once.
Ok , he committed two fouls and missed an opportunity from four yards , so he gave up possession on tat least hree occasions , he did f*ck all positive when he was introduced ............................. i really hate Raheem

CL final vs Pool, score is 1-1 in 90th minute, we ran away with a great chance KDb manages to put the ball in for the runner clear 1 v1 vs allison.

who do you want to be there vs the keeper?

Sterling
Jesus
Mahrez
Foden

I will be honest, I think all of them would miss it.

Fair point. Just like many others on the forum.

Going by your reasoning City should have reduced his wages over the last few season to reflect his input. Why should a club suffer financially because a player is not performing to the required level? ;)

Player before club is not something I can get onboard with.

I could understand this kind of take if Raheem had stopped giving 100% and was making up niggling injuries to miss games, etc. And likewise if you were calling for City to extend Patrick Roberts' contract out of loyalty as he committed his youth to you.

Your solution would seemingly be for City to "own" Sterling indefinitely - a power dynamic which would certainly prove problematic in this day and age...

In a world where humans aren't treated like cars, I'm sure there is a wage that City can afford to keep Raheem if they want and there is also a price at which they can sell him so they aren't really forced to do anything.

In reality, the challenge is that COVID means there isn't a club out there who could meet City's valuation of Raheem and Raheem's value to City probably isn't at the £300k level that he thinks he could get on a free - hence why it likely makes sense for all parties for him to see out his contract and go.

So now we know that he was indeed only offside once, the irony of this post really does shine through doesn't it?

Whining about "he can do no wrong" (fucking laughable comment) while inventing 2 fictional offsides to slate him.

Of course @jimmygrimblesboots will still be asking why inventing offsides to attack a City player is not "valid criticism".
I came up with 3 offsides as that’s what the original poster said. I’m not sad enough to go and check, or do I have the time. Will leave that to others.

I came up with 3 offsides as that’s what the original poster said. I’m not sad enough to go and check, or do I have the time. Will leave that to others.

Yeah bro, fact checking information is so lame, dude. Me and the homies are just chillin' with a couple of 40s, blazin' joints and blindly believing whatever people tell us to. Wu Tang forever.

If raheem wasn't in £300k a week already then this thread would he a whole lot nicer

But he is, the higest paid player at our club...one of the highest paid players in the world.... and he's not performing like that

Hes world class, he's proven that, but his influence in the bigger games where we need a 8/10 performance from him never come

You see KDB earning that wage by taking command of a game and driving the team forward....reaching the level of best in the world

Sterling is world class, but he's never shown that....and for £300k a week he needs to be doing a lot more

Of Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus, I'd renew the other two WAY before I'd renew Sterling

Think he runs his contract out next summer, can't see anyone paying for him this summer with his wage demands and doubt the club want to over him +£300k for the next 5 years if Haaland is going to be on £500k

Will be sad to see him go, but this isn't like PSG losing Mbappe, Juve losing Dybala or Dippers potentially losing Salah/Mane....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.