75 | Nico O'Reilly - 2024/25

A lot of talent, reminds me of Felix Nmecha. Tall and "rangy", technically and physically so much potential.

Think it's time this lad got his own thread, after another very impressive performance and a well taken goal last night.

Pep's comments would suggest he'll be this year's project:

Agree he's got potential for multiple role down the middle of the pitch, in the youths he always reminded me of Morgan Gibbs White or a Ruben Lotus Cheek type presence and aggression wise, better in a positional and technical manner (for his age I mean) I'm not saying he's already at the required level though, if he stays fit learns and keeps his feet on the ground though he will become a good player here or elsewhere.

Players this young can be moulded into whatever a manager likes so if Pep sees a bizarre position don't be surprised, the Fernandinho who arrived at Shakhtar was an industrious attacking midfielder in the Lampard mould, he never thought he'd be a DM at first then he became a deeper box to box midfielder, before moving to his DM role where he dominated for years many players can change and adapt.

With Pep the possibilities are near endless he even played an attacking midfielder like Yaya Toure at CB in a European Cup final, if he sees Nico O'Reilly as a Rodri type he'll make him just that without any qualms, or transform him into any other unusual position he sees fit, if he believes Nico has the ability to perform there he won't hesitate but at the same time we all need to remember he's still just a kid.

Think it's time this lad got his own thread, after another very impressive performance and a well taken goal last night.

Pep's comments would suggest he'll be this year's project:

I’m really fascinated to see if his size means he gets fast tracked. Peps biggest reason IMO for holding kids back is the physicality. Remember he said if Rico was Bellinghams size he’d be one of the best in the world already? Phil spent years getting sidelined against physical teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.