75 | Nico O'Reilly - 2024/25

Nico has everything to make it at City. An all round baller.

I love the way he glides around the pitch and he's so elegant on the ball for a big lad.

I'm also impressed by his toughness and bravery on the pitch. He wasn't intimidated by the likes of Loftus Cheek, Caicedo or Enzo and put all of them on their arse at one point.

Looks brilliant - his physicality and mentality is top notch already

Just not sure if he’ll get the minutes this season

I have been impressed by him but it would be a massive call to play him as a Rodri replacement with his current level of experience. The good thing about that position though is that valuable experience can be gained whilst seeing out matches whereas wide players and attacking midfielders gain less by just seeing out games in which we have a comfortable lead.

I have been impressed by him but it would be a massive call to play him as a Rodri replacement with his current level of experience. The good thing about that position though is that valuable experience can be gained whilst seeing out matches whereas wide players and attacking midfielders gain less by just seeing out games in which we have a comfortable lead.
Yeah me too, i thought he played well on Saturday. His movement, ball control and positional play was great for the most part.

I can't see him playing much in the league this season, but he'll get chances in cup games and if we get dead rubbers in the CL.

His (and all the youngsters) main focus this season is to learn. Training and being in the squad everyday and on matchdays will be invaluable experience.

Yeah me too, i thought he played well on Saturday. His movement, ball control and positional play was great for the most part.

I can't see him playing much in the league this season, but he'll get chances in cup games and if we get dead rubbers in the CL.

His (and all the youngsters) main focus this season is to learn. Training and being in the squad everyday and on matchdays will be invaluable experience.
Is it just City that seem to be reluctant to give younger players a chance?
Apart from Rodri the PO the Euros was the Spanish 16 year old.
Perhaps times are changing and the Cole P experience has changed our thinking but surely if they are good enough they are old enough.

Is it just City that seem to be reluctant to give younger players a chance?
Apart from Rodri the PO the Euros was the Spanish 16 year old.
Perhaps times are changing and the Cole P experience has changed our thinking but surely if they are good enough they are old enough.
I agree with the premise, but it's a balancing act when dealing with youngsters at our level, where a couple of losses could be the difference in winning the league (or cup) or not and then you don't want that situation to affect the lads confidence.

Pep knows this and will be careful with him and introduce him slowly.
It's a big leap in terms of standard but, as seen with Oscar, the lad will have to trust the process, be patient and be ready to take his chances when called upon.

The Palmer comparison is a bit different in that he was playing in a team that didn't look like it had any real style of play and seemed to be trying anything to see if it worked.
I like Palmer and think he's a great talent, but there's no way he would've been given the licence to play like that with us, because our style and structure of our play is/was so different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.