#8 | İlkay Gündoğan - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Class act, from A to Z. A quiet, well-spoken, intelligent human being who has never let us down with his effort, and whose outstanding talents have been a slow burn with many City fans due to early injuries.

Clearly, we need midfield strengthening, but this also offers a significant opportunity for City to bring in one recognized player and, hopefully, allow McAtee & Palmer become established First Team players.

Given his abilities, and the loss of Fernandinho in the same window, we are going to need a “Day 1 ready” defensive midfielder who is comfortable sliding alongside Rodri AND replacing him when necessary. That’s not going to be inexpensive, but with another year under their belts, McAtee and Palmer SHOUKD be available for considerably more 20 minute cameos and the occasional start.

Additionally, with Foden, Grealish, Zinchenko and even Cancelo able to slot in at LM, a CM and LB should fill the squad out nicely.

Class act, from A to Z. A quiet, well-spoken, intelligent human being who has never let us down with his effort, and whose outstanding talents have been a slow burn with many City fans due to early injuries.

Clearly, we need midfield strengthening, but this also offers a significant opportunity for City to bring in one recognized player and, hopefully, allow McAtee & Palmer become established First Team players.

Given his abilities, and the loss of Fernandinho in the same window, we are going to need a “Day 1 ready” defensive midfielder who is comfortable sliding alongside Rodri AND replacing him when necessary. That’s not going to be inexpensive, but with another year under their belts, McAtee and Palmer SHOUKD be available for considerably more 20 minute cameos and the occasional start.

Additionally, with Foden, Grealish, Zinchenko and even Cancelo able to slot in at LM, a CM and LB should fill the squad out nicely.
I agree with the first part. But Gündogan hasn’t left yet he?! So far it’s just media rumour of which we will get some when Liverpool win tonight and it all comes down on the last day.

I'm still surprised it's this early, I figured we'd just let him go at the end of his contract.

I don't know how many will offer for him given his back issues.

Definitely means we need more midfield options, and likely Bernie needs to stay back as well.
Think silva is staying and that is the reason why we let gundo go I mean we never sell players and leave us selfs shirt do we .

How has the lad from Lyon been doing this year aour I think it is .

How has the lad from Lyon been doing this year aour I think it is .
Methinks there is a personal issue there.

He has been getting the “look see” from numerous clubs, but has yet to move and there were rumblings of him being very unhappy Lyon weren’t keen on him moving.

Other than that, he still looks decent on the field and I believe his contract expires in 2023, unless he recently signed an extension, which means he could go for less than the €33M listed on TransferMarkt.

Lyon are barely above mid-table, thus not in Europe next season, so a move for the player (€20-25M??) might be good business for him and both teams!

Amazing player.

Gonna miss him when he's gone. Always provides a calming presence in midfield and a leader in the dressing room. A class act all around.

Wish him the best where he ends up.

If this is it for Gundo at City then I'll miss him. Instrumental last year and a few years ago when Ferna went down and he had to fill in at DM. Don't win those 2 prems without his contribution. Lovely bloke off the pitch as well.

Great player over the years, great bloke as well it seems

I called this after the Leeds game where he was well off the pace, the club have not offered him an extension which means they know his race has run for us

I'd be really sorry to see Gundo go. Great bloke on and off the pitch who is very well respected. Would understand if he wants to play more though. He's highly intelligent. Possibly a future City manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.