#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far too immobile to play as a deep lying player against a counter attacking team, especially on his own. As a result had a stinker. Hard to blame him for it, he seemed to get rattled by how badly he was struggling to cope in that position and resulted in some poor play you wouldn't normally expect from him. Absolute suicide putting him there against that team

his second lost CL final after 2013. :(

great season for him one that will be very hard to replicate or keep up in terms of performances especially if Pep decides to move him back deeper where he was quite bad in previous seasons especially in a pair with Rodri with almost no pace between them, further away from opponent's box.

Far too immobile to play as a deep lying player against a counter attacking team, especially on his own. As a result had a stinker. Hard to blame him for it, he seemed to get rattled by how badly he was struggling to cope in that position and resulted in some poor play you wouldn't normally expect from him. Absolute suicide putting him there against that team
He's not a DM and was set up to fail yesterday. I wouldn't try to put the blame on any particular player, it was a massive collective fuck-up starting from the top.

The blame is on Pep. Period. He made us inept with his choices.
Although I mostly agree - I maintain that Pep is the best manager in world football - bar none - and we're lucky to have him in charge.

Part of Pep's success lies in trying out new things - some work, some do not.

I do, however, very much wish that, already having discovered a seemingly robust lineup featuring Fernandinho as DM, that he would not decide to experiment in a one-off-match for the C/L title.

I would have preferred that he go with the already proven lineup - and yes - if that fails to produce - go with some novel alignment in the 2nd half.

But - with Pep - that's what you get. I'm certain that Pep - the perfectionist that he is - will take this defeat on board - and will in all likelihood curb his enthusiasm for experimental change in important matches.

He posted this on his Instagram, which is subtle but still a nod to the plans to illuminate the stadium in Munich in the rainbow in protest at Hungarian state homophobia. Great to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.