#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the year of the Gundog.

No cunts calling him shit every 5 mins in the ground will be the making of him.

Player of the season. And you can bookmark this.

Are you really sure you've really watched gundogun play? When have you ever seen him beat 3 players with a pass. Superb technician he is not. For me he is the worst player in the city side at the moment, possibly for a very long time. I haven't seen any other city player shirk not just from tackles but also from receiving a pass - because he's afraid he will lose the ball. He's nothing but a coward
you haven't got a fucking clue,

I'm reminded of another player from Germany who wasn't sexy enough for the City support and who often got called a coward. That bloke went on to win pretty much every trophy on the planet after he left us.

Gundogan has been badly missed the last few weeks and his return will bring some control back to our midfield.
Do you still think he’s an “upgrade” on David Silva? Lol

There is a time and a place to pass the ball sideways and backwards. But ALL the time isn’t it.

We’re at our best when playing at a high tempo. Gundogan slows us down, both in possession and out.

Lee Cattermole can plod around the centre circle and play no-risk percentage passes square and backwards all day. It’s not difficult to do.

You also completely side-stepped Gundogan making tackles. Rather like the man himself.

Change the f*cking record.

Do you still think he’s an “upgrade” on David Silva? Lol

I think this thread screams of someone who doesn't really understand Pep or how he wishes to play and win football matches. Gundogan was Pep's first signing unless I'm mistaken, and whilst he clearly isn't flavour of the month on the internet, he's a player who Pep continues to pick in almost every game of any importance. That would suggest that regardless of how you personally feel about him, he probably contributes a hell of a lot more than you realise.

I'm sure we can all agree on one thing..........We badly need the player many of you describe,so hopefully we see such on his return.

I'm sure we can all agree on one thing..........We badly need the player many of you describe,so hopefully we see such on his return.

I don't think it is any surprise that Gundogan generates the hate that he does from people. Much like a modern day Gareth Barry, his role because it is understated, is often misunderstood by those who tend to watch games on only the most superficial level.

I think this thread screams of someone who doesn't really understand Pep or how he wishes to play and win football matches. Gundogan was Pep's first signing unless I'm mistaken, and whilst he clearly isn't flavour of the month on the internet, he's a player who Pep continues to pick in almost every game of any importance. That would suggest that regardless of how you personally feel about him, he probably contributes a hell of a lot more than you realise.

I agree on this 100% but I'd love if a journalist would ask him what specific quality it is that he brings the side which Bernardo or Foden can't in the midfield.

Because I've heard them all spend hours and hours debating it, whether it's Sam Lee on your podcasts or Jack Gaughan, Jonathan Smith, Will Unwin, David Storey etc. on other City podcasts.

And yet I've never heard any of them just ask Pep in one of the 4 press conferences a week they have with him.

Guardiola normally responds well to interesting tactical questions when someone has the ball to ask them as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.