#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to see players with quality using their brain and awareness of space to intercept and put us on the front foot.

Gundogan,because of his physical inadequacies,rarely does do that though.......You're making things up.If we lose possession or the opposition breaks,he may as well not be there.

Rodri isn't perfect by any stretch,but he does that job miles better.

It's the truth, end of. He was good but that just proves that the previous 2 performances were on him, he's shown he can play at that level so that should be the norm, we shouldn't have to dress up the 2 very mediocre performances before it and be grateful that he turns in a performance we expect for once.
Read what you posted yesterday.

Hilarious that pointing out that a player doesn’t tackle and shirks a challenge means a longing for the old days. Fits with some folks extremes of thinking though. His press is about as good a yaya’s in the latter days when he couldn’t be arsed. If gundo and rodri could be made into one player that would work, playing them together definitely doesn’t.

By 50/50 it's the ones that often him and Mahrez are favourites for but it means sticking their foot in and risking a clattering to win the ball back, so they hesitate or flinch and the opposition nick it and break, whereas Dave and Kev take the kick on the ankle and soldier on.

That being said, cracking hack down last night so he can do it when he fancies it.
So you didn't mean 50/50s you meant stealing the ball by pinching it. Make your mind up what you are arguing about. A hack down is not a 50/50, its a foul and nothing to be proud of. Kev and David were fouled more often than go in for 50/50s because of their ability to steal the ball and then were hacked down because they were too clever.

The best defenders you will ever see will hardly ever make a tackle, they don't have to because of positional awareness and reading of the game means they intercept. Colin Hendry was loved by City fans because he would fly into tackles, that just meant he was a poor defender because he was out of position and had too. Look at someone like Alan Hansen, he was magnificent, hardly ever made a tackle, because he read the game so well. Midfielders are the same, the best don't have to tackle, its why players like Grealish, Gow and the likes of Vinnie Jones are not around anymore because football is different, players read the game better, they are more tactically aware and the technical ability means 50/50s are rare. If you love 50/50s go watch a game in the park between the Dog and Duck and the Little stow on the Wold river dredgers third eleven.

So you didn't mean 50/50s you meant stealing the ball by pinching it. Make your mind up what you are arguing about. A hack down is not a 50/50, its a foul and nothing to be proud of. Kev and David were fouled more often than go in for 50/50s because of their ability to steal the ball and then were hacked down because they were too clever.

The best defenders you will ever see will hardly ever make a tackle, they don't have to because of positional awareness and reading of the game means they intercept. Colin Hendry was loved by City fans because he would fly into tackles, that just meant he was a poor defender because he was out of position and had too. Look at someone like Alan Hansen, he was magnificent, hardly ever made a tackle, because he read the game so well. Midfielders are the same, the best don't have to tackle, its why players like Grealish, Gow and the likes of Vinnie Jones are not around anymore because football is different, players read the game better, they are more tactically aware and the technical ability means 50/50s are rare. If you love 50/50s go watch a game in the park between the Dog and Duck and the Little stow on the Wold river dredgers third eleven.
You just make stuff up to suit your divisive narrative.

It's funny, I watched the game last night and thought he was probably MOTM. I posted that in the post match thread and loads of people agreed, and there was a lot of discussion about how good he was. In fact, go back 5 pages and it's full of praise, with just some saying they wish he played like that every game.

Now, I look at this thread 12 hours later and it's the usual suspects saying he was shit. What fucking game were you watching?

I think it's become very apparent that a section of this forum doesn't even watch him play, they've decided before kickoff that he's shit and they won't hear anything different.

After seeing @PannickAtTheDisco's rant about him being a "coward" yesterday afternoon, one of the most obvious things in this game was that he went in for half a dozen 50/50s, hacked a couple of people down and made some intelligent tactical fouls as well.

Wasn't me in that previous post, I was just offering my interpretation on what they meant by 50/50, to me it's the stand-up, stick your foot in to pinch a lose ball but risk getting a tap on the ankle etc. Happens a lot with Gundogan and Mahrez that they duck out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.