#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you watch the Marseille game again Foden pulled out of 50/50 tackles but in the opposition half , Phil knows when he has to make a tackle when there is a transition , Dinho is world class at this , Gundo gets a lot of stick but he puts his foot-in when neccesary its just that some on here want to accuse him of being a coward
Why doesnt Foden or other players get the same shit when they doesnt fancy 50/50, ? some people are blinkered and despise Gundogan before he has even kicked a ball. Whatever gets you through the night i suppose.

I don't despise Gundogan in any way, shape or form. I get frustrated with him every now and then but only because I really rate him and think the aggression he totally lacks is what stops him from being one of the very best.

But, to answer your question, it's about the positions they play and the other aspects of their defensive play. Phil might not steam into 50/50s but he shows more than enough aggression in his pressing. Then there's the fact that playing in a deeper role requires you to get stuck in more often just as you'd expect your keeper to fly in amongst a pile of bodies to claim a ball.

Forgetting Fernandinho, just look at the way Tommy Doyle flies into 50/50s with total disregard for his own safety. It shows the type of committment supporters love to see in their players and that's the reason why many players far less talented than Ilkay are beloved by their club's fans.

Anyway, I'm out. I feel like I'm putting a negative slant on his recent performances when he doesn't deserve it at all. I'm just talking about his overall nature as a player.

Pmsl.....the irony.
You label people Neanderthals for having a different opinion to yourself,yet you are the one throwing the insults in a very poor attempt to have yours heard.

Not really,because i know you were serious.

As has been pointed out......Controlled aggression is very different to being a clogger.
You know nothing sunshine , but Gundogan does have controlled aggression when required , your obsession with him is now becoming comical , its every game he plays , even when he is head and shoulders our best midfield player you cant even muster faint praise.

You know nothing sunshine , but Gundogan does have controlled aggression when required , your obsession with him is now becoming comical , its every game he plays , even when he is head and shoulders our best midfield player you cant even muster faint praise.

Drop the patronising tone,it does you no favour.

I will always offer praise when its warranted,just as i will criticise when deserved.

You talking about other people having an obsession about a player is absolutely hilarious. Clearly anyone disagreeing with you about Gundogan automatically knows nothing or is a neanderthal...haha!!. Gundogan is a good player but not the star you build him up to be. A star player is someone like KDB giving the team many crucial goals and assists. In 103 appearances for City, Gundogan has 6 assists...think about that...it is clearly not good enough for a supposed top player.

Gundogan will always disappointment a tiny minority of our fanbase , we have neandethals who believe sticking your foot in is an essential part of the game ,Mike Doyle , Gerry Gow , Andy Morrison DeJong and others ,were all heart on your sleeve scrappers and i loved watching them play , but its a different era now, these players would be red carded every other game
Football has moved on , Pep has stated he doent even coach tackling and whilst Pep is manager players like Gundogan will always play , the neandethals will have to wait until Pep leaves , bring in Stuart Pearce and we can give the opposition a proper good kicking , and finish games with eight men
A tiny minority, what do you base that on? I see you have decided to insult people just because they disagree with you on a football forum

You talking about other people having an obsession about a player is absolutely hilarious. Clearly anyone disagreeing with you about Gundogan automatically knows nothing or is a neanderthal...haha!!. Gundogan is a good player but not the star you build him up to be. A star player is someone like KDB giving the team many crucial goals and assists. In 103 appearances for City, Gundogan has 6 assists...think about that...it is clearly not good enough for a supposed top player.
bang on. People riddicule stirling but he contributes far more than Gundog over the course of a season.

He's the central midfield version of Nasri, always has been. All the ability in the world, capable of changing a game if he puts his mind to it, but far too often goes hiding or takes the easy option. Just not got the mentality of a top player, not willing to grab a game by the scruff of the neck often enough, too happy to let the game drift by.

Most of his ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ games come when he’s been ticking over possession or making passes to our team mates and having lots of touches.

The kind of thing you’d expect any midfielder worth more than a penny to do in our midfield.

Gundogan is a bang average player who has one good game mixed in with 5-10 ordinary/shit ones, usually when we're downhill skiing against weaker opposition. It's the case now, it was the case last season, it's been the case ever since he joined us.

Those of you trying to hoodwink everyone into thinking he's an excellent player that deserves a starting spot are either in huge denial, or want to see us do badly. One look into any opposition supporter forum tells you that other fans also think he's garbage and wouldn't want him playing on their team. That should say it all - he isn't good enough for this side and never will be, end of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.