8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely adore the bloke. I’ll probably get shot down for saying it but if it came down to him or Bernie signing an extension, I’d choose Gundo.

We notice him when he’s not on the pitch and he plays every role to perfection.

I love Rodri, I’d have him in every game if possible, but he doesn’t get those 2 goals that Gundo scored yesterday from that 6 position. He has a knack of getting in the right place at the right time.

Due to his age, I was reconciled to Ilkay leaving this summer but recently, I have ameneded my view. He will need replacing in the squad before too long: we cannot allow ourselves to end up with an aging squad. The transition should be gradual from one season to the next. However, to actually replace him will likely cost huge money. You simply do not find many players of his intelleigence and ability.

At the moment, you really notice when he is not in the team, and not in a good way.

I think he offers a lot that young players can learn from and should we add a big name young midfielder and / or bring McAtee into the squad, another season (or two) of Ilkay would benefit them and ease any transistion.

Seems like Pep wants him to be retained.

Crazy to think that it wasnt that long ago that Ilkay was the whipping boy on here whenever we failed to win. Absolute legend of a bloke and too think he came back from 3 potential career ending injuries. Wouldnt shock me if becomes a top class manager in the near future

Crazy to think that it wasnt that long ago that Ilkay was the whipping boy on here whenever we failed to win. Absolute legend of a bloke and too think he came back from 3 potential career ending injuries. Wouldnt shock me if becomes a top class manager in the near future
I sincerely hope to see him back at City in a coaching capacity.

DAS GENIE ist an amazing player. We'll miss the vision, positioning, shadowing and drive of Ilkay if he goes next season. Just one more, please.

By all means we would like Ilkay to stay. Pep in the press conference before Leeds said about that, that more or less he definitely wants Gundogun to stay but the club is above him and the club decides and something to that extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.