8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would definitely do what it takes to keep him, and I really hope that he does sign another contract, but the speech I saw him make on TV after the end of the match yesterday, sounded a lot like a "goodbye" speech. I hope that I am wrong.

Not long ago, I was defending him against "experts changing now their tune" who claimed he was cowering and hiding behind players. I think he better leaves when he's at his best before those fickles turn back on him again.

I wouldn't say three or even two more years for every player of his age. Even very good ones. But the thing is that Gundo is one of the most football-intelligent players we've ever had. And I mean ever. He plays with his head to an amazing degree. The inevitable decline physically will be offset by that to a considerable extent.
Sign him up, City.

I wouldn't say three or even two more years for every player of his age. Even very good ones. But the thing is that Gundo is one of the most football-intelligent players we've ever had. And I mean ever. He plays with his head to an amazing degree. The inevitable decline physically will be offset by that to a considerable extent.
Sign him up, City.
This, he is such an intelligent player. So skillfull.

Hoping this news tonight is genuine. And Martin Blackburn, one of the named sources, is generally seen as being very well connected at the club.The guy's experience is vital to us. Okay, he's 32. But the days of players being put out to pasture in their early 30s are a thing of the past. Elite level players look after themselves so, so much better than they used to. With careful game management, there's no reason why we couldn't get another couple of seasons out of him. Ditto KDB, who's a year younger than Ilkay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.