8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, humour me. I never really picked this one up. Why is he called Mr Whippy?
Those vans meant a lot to me in my childhood, coming round leafy suburbia on a sunny summer's day.
There is a guy who puts out humorous 'alternative commentary' videos after our matches. Part of the gag is nicknames for the players and at some point he started calling Gundo Mr. Whippy

He doesn't seem to put out as many vids anymore but used to after every match

Gundo has become as big a big game player as Yaya, Kompany, Kun and de Bruyne now.

City legend, please don’t go!

I'm going to be in the minority here, but here it goes. I think Gundogan will leave on a high.

And I'm okay with it. Love him and want to remember his epic final season of this is it.

I hate when greats stay a year or 2 too long. I'd rather they left a year early than become role players at best and a shell of their greatest self.

The list of greats who stayed too long is long.

Love Gundogan. My second best City player since the takeover. But I'd be fine with him leaving on a high. And I think he will.

I'm going to be in the minority here, but here it goes. I think Gundogan will leave on a high.

And I'm okay with it. Love him and want to remember his epic final season of this is it.

I hate when greats stay a year or 2 too long. I'd rather they left a year early than become role players at best and a shell of their greatest self.

Love Gundogan. My second best City player since the takeover. But I'd be fine with him leaving on a high. And I think he will.

I think he'll leave, especially if we win the UCL. Hope I'm wrong though because I would like to see him stay for another season.

He could stay another couple of seasons and he will still leave on a high with unveiled statue and all...please stay Gundo...we love you!!!! I mean he still young right?

Edit: oh ok so he is turning 33 in October but still, some players have a better longetivity I suppose and Gundo looks in top shape

By the way, humour me. I never really picked this one up. Why is he called Mr Whippy?
Those vans meant a lot to me in my childhood, coming round leafy suburbia on a sunny summer's day.
My understanding (& this is with respect to Ilkay and all ice cream men out there) is that he looks like he could be an ice cream man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.