8 | Mateo Kovačić - 2024/25

He needs to try to make the jump from squad player to a fixture in the first choice 11. He struggled to do that at Real and Chelsea but with Pep's coaching he has a chance.

He needs to try to make the jump from squad player to a fixture in the first choice 11. He struggled to do that at Real and Chelsea but with Pep's coaching he has a chance.
Honest post.

I don't get how or why posters are making it seem like he put in 8/10 performances. He's been a decent player but let's not get carried away or at least let's be honest about our assessment, he wasn't exceptional last season, he was just decent and that's fine, however there's a lot of room for improvement.

Can Kova play RM role? I remember in his Chelsea days he is quite flexible in the midfield. I think James and Nico remembering me something of Gundo. Eager to see if Nico left mid + Kova right mid a bit deeper.

Can Kova play RM role? I remember in his Chelsea days he is quite flexible in the midfield. I think James and Nico remembering me something of Gundo. Eager to see if Nico left mid + Kova right mid a bit deeper.
Don't see why not they did in preseason. Wouldn't expect to see it in any serious capacity this season.

I'm expecting next level Kova this year. Showed flashes of brilliance last year, it's time to take that Gundo leap.

Got unfairly left out last season to the detriment of the team imo to enable Pep to shoehorn more attacking players into the side, for large parts of the season we didn't play anywhere close to the level we've been at in recent years but our best most fluid football almost always came when we had kovacic in the side.

He will prove invaluable to us this season. we can expet marked improvements from kovacic, gvardiol and doku with a year under their belt now.

Just hope Pep doesn't ask him to be Rodri's alternative because he simply isn't suited to that role, never has been at any of his previous clubs and isn't going to change at this point in his career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.