8 | Mateo Kovačić - 2024/25

He's looked so good that if someone were to say that Rodri doesn't automatically walk back into the team they'd be wrong but I wouldn't be calling the men in white coats. Just pure class, what a joy to have him and Rodri in the same squad.

Finally starting to get credit he deserved at the back end of last season. Have to give haaland motm for a masterclass in finishing but kovacic was the best player on the pitch for the full 90 once again. Got to give him a lot of credit for his unrelenting sprint back when they had that break that hit the post. Too often players jog back when they're behind play. He busted his gut to get back in and in doing so he forced kudus into a rushed shot with a smaller angle than he wanted and basically stopped a certain goal.

0_GettyImages-2167291575.jpg

I'm happy to stand up & be counted amongst those who saw little sense in Kovacic to City, & I'm ecstatic to have been made to eat my words. He was mostly average last season imo, but this season he's made me (& I bet many other City fans) think "Rodri who?".

What I particularly love about this segment is the part about Kova studying videos of how to play defensive midfield better, & then admitting he wishes Guardiola would've coached him earlier in his career. THIS is the Guardiola effect!

Kovacic is showing skills I didn't realise he possessed. His defensive work has been 100%, but when added to his driving runs & killer passes, he's becoming the Rodri competition, rest & rotation partner we wish we'd got with Kalvin Philips

All for £30m too!

At the rate Kova's going, he could turn out to be ANOTHER (dare I say it?) Fernandinho-esque inspired signing by City. That bald bastard manager of ours! I fuckin love him! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.