8 | Mateo Kovačić - 2024/25

Kova was always nicknamed as the professor (amongst his fellow Croatian teamates) as he spent his spare time studying videos of the world's best midfielders. He has come here to learn (not disappear to Saudi).

According to the Bluemoon archives we had a chance to sign him in 2018 but he ended up at Chelsea.

I think he regrets that.

According to the Bluemoon archives we were also in for Alen Halilovic (aged 15) who went on to break Kova's "youngest ever" records at Dinamo (Kova had a broken leg at 17 that set him back). Alen infamously went to Barcelona at 16 for 1m euros with Dani Olmo going the other way.

I would love to know what Kova actually thought of Alen (Croatian Messi) and what he thinks of James McAtee (English Messi - so christened at 11). I hope he is giving James some good advice.

Like thise horrible tackles against Arsenal last season, I really didn’t like that tackle yesterday. I think a booking was about right but I wouldn’t have complained at all had he been sent off.
He was lucky, could have been easily a red, bad and unnecessary tackle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.