8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant performance. Very pre-lethal goalscorer gundo that. always available, links the play, progressive forward first passing when it's on, great dribbling to get us up the pitch. Exactly the performance expected of him.

Always maintained this is what we would get from him consistently once he's settled and gets what pep wants despite the sea of stupidity writing him off after a dozen games.

I still think there's substantial improvement to come from him and he wont always be that good until he gets there but that was a great taster.

Best I’ve ever seen him play tonight.

Looked sharper and quicker than usual.
Looks properly fit now - I do often wonder whether a sizeable part of the adjustment new signings have to make relates to fitness, as in getting up to the levels of the rest of the squad.

He’s not going to start smashing them in like Gundogan but I’m not sure we really need that once we have Kev and Haaland in the team. Having someone buzzing around the middle of the park, keeping hold of the ball and playing it simple might be just the ticket for us.

Looks properly fit now - I do often wonder whether a sizeable part of the adjustment new signings have to make relates to fitness, as in getting up to the levels of the rest of the squad.

Its worth remembering that he was actually playing well at the start and then he picked up a back injury on first international break of the season, then he was getting up to speed after that and got injured again.

So his first few months here were stop-start.

I've been saying all the way through the thread since the start that he's very good footballer and that i think people will see it by the end of the season.

I was very happy when we bought him because I've rated him long before we bought him and I like that he's a very positive player. he always looks to get the ball and get things moving with a pass forward or driving forward, unless there's nothing on at all.

Its worth remembering that he was actually playing well at the start and then he picked up a back injury on first international break of the season, then he was getting up to speed after that and got injured again.

So his first few months here were stop-start.

I've been saying all the way through the thread since the start that he's very good footballer and that i think people will see it by the end of the season.

I was very happy when we bought him because I've rated him long before we bought him and I like that he's a very positive player. he always looks to get the ball and get things moving with a pass forward or driving forward, unless there's nothing on at all.
He was very good against Newcastle at home and then his level slipped, but since the Saudi games he’s been right at it.

I also liked the fact that he wasn’t taking any shit off that Richarlison dickhead tonight - he looks like he can handle himself and arguably we’ve lacked that a bit since Fernandinho left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.