8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

I have big hopes for him. Hopefully he will be another bargain signing in the mould of Akanji and Alvarez

He speaks five languages, fights Jack on the pitch, it's Mateo Kovacic!

His ball-carrying from deep is special. Just the way he can glide between lines. He’ll do very well for us I think.
Agreed. I get the feeling that in the final 3rd Pep will try to use him to draw defenders out with his ball carrying skills, leaving the space open for Haaland to run into.

He can also drop back in a double pivot if needed and can help carry the ball out from the back ala Bernardo. I think he's criminally underrated at defending too.

He's a player that could easily slide into any team in the world and not look out of place at all. He might not stand out, but his technical quality is fantastic. I don't see him as a starter ever week but somebody who will come in and give a 7 out of 10 without breaking into much of a sweat. Perhaps Guardiola can also take him to a whole new level we've not seen before.

I wonder if we’re becoming an even more counter attacking side next season. This year with Haaland, Grealish and De Bruyne we were more counter attacking than previous iterations of Pep’s City. Kovacic would add an extra string to that bow and I think we could be pretty devastating on the counter next year

Very exciting player anyway, think he’ll smash it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.