8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little moment in the first half when Grealish flighted the ball in and the chance was there but Kovacic had set off just a fraction too late and the ball drifted behind. It was the kind of chance that Gundogan became adept at taking and it’s an area of his game that Guardiola will help develop.

He will be great for you guys, he's IQ and understanding of game is really great. He's skills and experiance are top and he's also great professional - never any problems (not in Dinamo, Inter, Real or Chelsea), willing to work, listen to manager and really nice guy. It's just crazy how Chelsea let him go for €30m but that's Chelsea.

I wanted the ball in his hand in the attacking 3rd when we were down. I trusted his decision making more than Foden, Jack,Cole, or Akanji. Him and Rodri were the only 2 I hoped to see on the ball

Kovacic is absolutely class, he's a brilliant player

Is a shame he kind of falls apart in front of goal, doesnt have that ruthlessness Gundogan had inside the box

But absolute class player and a big asset

Hopefully it's something he can improve on

Gundo wasn't always ruthless. He was only managing about 5 goals in all competitions a season until 3 years ago.

Granted its still more than Kovacic was getting at Chelsea, but if Gundo can suddenly up his goals tally at 29, there's no reason why Kovacic can't add a few goals to his game

Loads of positives but...he gave the ball away a lot against Burnley. Keeping judgement reserved.

If he can improve his game in the final third and become a goal threat , he would be the complete midfield player.
this

his defensive work is excelent and his running with the ball is also very good....very tidy on the ball and get when under pressure....

As you say however he lacks in the fina/ third - He is getting in scoring positions but doesnt look an accomplised finisher...maybe its something he could develop.....?....Id like him to look for the harder pass as well (maybe that will come as well?) - to try and be that bit more creative rather than safe

Kovacic's quality is very obvious.

But if you think that he did very well in this game you don't understand Pep ball.

His lack of positional awareness and rhythm are the main reason why the attacking was out of order in the first half.

He contributed a lot in defense but his movement is not quick enough to close the gap. Again I am not blaming him. But after watching this game, I guess we will definitely buy Paquetá because Kovacic's profile does not fit in the attacking midfielder role, especially the left eight role in our current system.

Kovacic's quality is very obvious.

But if you think that he did very well in this game you don't understand Pep ball.

His lack of positional awareness and rhythm are the main reason why the attacking was out of order in the first half.

He contributed a lot in defense but his movement is not quick enough to close the gap. Again I am not blaming him. But after watching this game, I guess we will definitely buy Paquetá because Kovacic's profile does not fit in the attacking midfielder role, especially the left eight role in our current system.
He did well in this game, and I understand Pep football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.